[SOLVED] How to draw a different kind of Gradient Curve..?

Hi everyone! :slight_smile:
I just wanna know if it’s possible to draw something like gradient curve, but instead from one side to other, the gradient starts from beginning of the vertex and ends at the last vertex point of the outline…? :unamused:

Yeah, simply select “Perpendicular” in gradient curve layer parameters. It’s got its problems though: rendering gets weird away from curve, especially with high curvature.

oh, that’s what “perpendicular” does! got it! :bulb:
It also look a bit weird too, just like you said

is there any way to put it together with advanced outline so it will look like gradient brush (other than blending it to “onto” of course since that’s the only workaround that i know) :unamused:

Using “onto” (or perhaps “straight onto” if your gradient is fully opaque) is the only way i have found. Good thing is that there are some rendering optimizations which reduce render time when onto is used in this case (though it seems to work only if outline & gradient are in non-root canvas (i.e. are placed in a group layer)).

so, put them like that and link all the tangents and vertexes then it’s done :exclamation:
slightly inconvenient, but gotta live with it (it does look pretty neat though)
also, i can make one template group and dupe it when i need more anyway :mrgreen:

well hopefully there will be much easier way on making this “vertical gradient curve brush” thing
gotta put that phrase, in case some more people also searching for this as well :stuck_out_tongue:

anyway, thank you very much for your help :smiley: ,
and i guess i can say this one is [SOLVED] for now :wink:

That shouldn’t be too hard to implement per se, but i’m not sure there is a proper infrastructure to do that without writing a lot of boilerplate code. Anyway, i added it to github.com/synfig/synfig/issues/256 FR.

np :slight_smile: