Simple SVG not importing to Synfig

I’m the designer currently making the official video tutorial series for the Inkscape project.
So firstly, hello fellow Open Sourcerers! :smiley:

I’m trying to import an svg into synfig for doing the shape-tweening, making the inkscape logo change into different things.
However, I can not seem to get my svg file to import correctly.
The paths do not show up after import, only a few nested groups which appear to be empty.
I’ll post a sample file if there is somone who can assist. :slight_smile:
Drag-and-drop from filesystem seems to work for some svg files and not others.
I have attached the svg file I’m trying to import.

Thanks for your help, and I look forward to adding Synfig to the video credits for our project.

-C.Rogers
inkscape_transform_shape_black1.svg

Crogers hello and welcome here …

The best way to import svg art into synfig is to convert export them into sif (native synfig file format) … you can do that easyly from inkscape (0.91) using “save as sif” … also you can read : wiki.synfig.org/Doc:Svg2synfig

Good luck for your nice project.

see’ya!

Hi. Thanks for your help. I would also like to submit a bug report for Synfig, since I would like to be able to use my .svg assets in the future without having to export them to a different format. I’m using Synfig 1.0.1. Can you help me troubleshoot the file? Any idea why it might not be importing correctly?
Thanks.

-C

The importing module doesn’t do its work properly. And nobody is working on it right now.
-G