Shoes for Running Animation

Okay, so the model is almost done (which is good :slight_smile: )

However, i finally realized, "This animation needs shoes :unamused: ".
I mean, flip flops isn’t really good for running. Agree ? :wink:

So, i need an advice for a simple shoes that i can animate (also the one that looks good enough for running).
I was thinking to draw the ones with laces. But… Shoelaces… :cry:

The animation will be made by imitating the frame by frame animation (like anime) so a simple pair of shoes shouldn’t be a problem to animate.
Any suggestions…?

I’ll also try to find better example while waiting for some advices. hopefully gonna get some in the house :mrgreen: .

P.S. : NoNoNoNo… Please don’t delete this! This is not a shoes ad spam!! :blush: (talk about the “flooding ads” past :stuck_out_tongue: )

It depends on what kind of quality animation you’re making. Shoes aren’t very noticeable, so you could get a way with simple black shoes without laces. If you’re making a more high quality animation and shoelaces are too difficult, maybe try strapped boots.

You can always look at available vector art that can readily be imported in synfig at openclipart.org/search/?query=shoe
Adding some rotate/swirl/distort is often enough to achieve good & simple visual animation.

I quite like
openclipart.org/detail/82657/zapatoten
openclipart.org/detail/46099/sneaker
openclipart.org/detail/26774/simple-boot < but maybe not for running :wink:

or start from scratch with
dragoart.com/tuts/2887/1/1/h … -shoes.htm

and for the whole cycle you could mimic
sharecg.com/v/64261/gallery/ … Tony-Bunny
or go for the lolney tunes’ beep-beep way of running, below :wink:
duckduckgo.com/?q=youtube+beep+beep+coyote

good luck anyway!

Thank goodness, this one’s still alive!! :smiley:

Thanks for the suggestions but i do have a big change on my plan.
I decided to use the old style animation (frame by frame). I’ll be super busy pretty soon (once i got my animation table) :open_mouth:

But your suggestions might gonna give me some figures of how i should draw the shoes.

Again, thanks a lot, everyone!!