Save an Avi

Hi i got this problem, i can’t save movies, i have to export png’s and then use a stop motion software but it loses a lot of quality, i was wondering how can i save an avi file or like, i tried all the option i don’t know if i have to download a plugin or like, pleas help

Using our latest binary version (0.62.01) and the recently release (0.62.02) wouldn’t be a problem to specify the ffmpeg renderer and set the bitrate and video codec to what’s desired.
See details here:
synfig.org/en/news/releases/89-release-06201

and download here:
synfig.org/en/current-release

-G

thanx i will try it as soon as possible :wink:

WELL I STILL IN TROUBLES BECAUSE IT SEEMS TO RENDER BUT THERE IS NO OUTPUT FILE, I DON’T KNOW IF IT IS INVISIBLE OR LIKE BUT I CAN FIND THE .AVI FILE.
I GO TO FILE > RENDER AND SET AS YOU TOLD ME, CLICK ON RENDER, AND IT SAYS RENDERING FILE, RENDER COMPLETED

Can you please write down step by step how do you render an avi file? Remember that you have to select the file extension, the target renderer and possibly the file location.
-G

If you’re using Windows 7 or Vista, Windows gets a bit picky about where you save files. It doesn’t like you saving to the program files directories (which is the default location unless you change it). It pretends to do it, but actually maps it to a ‘VirtualStore’. You can find this location if you search the hard drive for your file, but it’s not easy to find unless you know what you’re looking for. Your best bet is to specify a location like your desktop or documents folders.

Chris