Render too small for screen?

This might just be a noob issue, and Google isn’t helping much, basically the AVI I render renders the animation very fluid and well in 1920x1080, or 1080p, or whatever you call it. The only issue is that there a large grey area around the rendered animation. I’ve included the very simple animation after rendering in the scene1.zip and the SIFZ file in the scene1project.zip, just in case.

Thanks for any help.
scene1project.rar (11.1 KB)
scene1.zip (686 KB)

Hi!
Please save your file as .sfg cos otherwise your png files won’t be exported into your example sif file. Your avi just gave me a black screen. (Windows media player). Which codec and settings did you use for rendering? I rendered your sample using the H.263+ codec and it did not give me any issues.
Greetz!

P_20150621_120331_HDR.jpgP_20150621_120256_HDR.jpgP_20150621_120209_HDR.jpg

I used VLC to view it. I’m using WinXP

Hi!
Have you tried to render using another codec. The one you are using does not work on my system either. I assume you are working with Synfig 1.0.
Greetz!

Please use .mp4 instead of .avi as container. It works here for me (Windows XP 32 bits, synfig Studio 1.0, and Google Chrome as player.)
-G

Thanks for the help. Ive rendered as an .MP4, which does the same and with the H263+ codec which corrupts the file. Could the problem lie within some sort of boundary setting, or something similar.

Hi!
What happens when you render just one single file? Png for example.
Greetz!

Are you sure that with extension .mp4 and H264 codec still giving problems? Please double check that. I don’t have troubles with that configuration in a similar environment.
-G

scene7.png

Yes, an image like above is produced, just in video (mp4) format

Hi!
Can you provide us the original png that you used in the scene1project.sif?
Greetz!

drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ESvC … sp=sharing

A blur effect was added in Synfig, to hide the “hastily done aesthetic” :wink:

Hi!
Thx for the png. It’s not that bad and it fits well with the drawing style of your animation.
I rendered one png and as you can see that went well. scene1.png
I rendered one full scene to avi using the H.263+ codec and had no problems (scene1avi1.rar). I rendered one full scene to avi using the Windows media 7 codec also with no problems. (scene1avi2.rar) Both played well in windows media player. Last full scene I rendered to mp4 using the H.264 (losless) codec and again no problems and that played smooth in chrome and on my ipad 2. So I did not find any problems. I am at a loss here. :frowning:
Did you try to reinstall Synfig?
Greetz!
scene1mp4.rar (1.75 MB)
scene1avi2.rar (875 KB)
scene1avi1.rar (787 KB)

I did eventually make a reinstall. It didn’t rectify the issue, but it lessened it. Nonetheless, the video is finished now by cropping down to the area I needed. Thanks for the help, you too @Genete