I was looking through the forums and I didn’t find anything addressing a way to mass rename valuebase nodes. Not necessarily the entire valuebase name (although this would work too), but different sections of them (like a find and replace feature like in word processors). I have to rename a lot of valuebase nodes for my projects so if I could do this, that would be great. Also, was there any confirmation that you would be able to group valuebase nodes like Dave Hingley asked for in viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5060&p=22460&hilit=valuebase+nodes#p22460 ?
Well, both features you’re talking about aren’t implemented in Synfig.
So your best bet is to open a feature request on github: github.com/synfig/synfig/issues
Currently there’s a lot of bug fixing going on, so I don’t think your request will be in a high priority.
Although, there’s an alternative way to “mass rename valuebase nodes”.
If you aren’t afraid of experiments:
- Make a backup of your work.
- In Synfig, save your project as .sif (uncompressed format).
- Open it in XML editor.
- All of exported values will be In a ‘defs’ structure. After ‘defs’ will be ‘canvas’ and all the layers where those exported values are connected to.
- So from here you can try to use a standard ‘Find and replace’ feature.
- After replacing, save your file and try to open it in Synfig.
Awesome! Thank you for your help. You have saved me hours of work. I will request the features on github so others may be able to do so easily.