Position handles ends up middle of screen (animation screen)

Have an annoying issue, not certain if its that key, but bugs me a lot and makes positioning of certain things a nightmare.

Very new to animation, so thought I would make a stick figure, should be easy enough. Managed to get most of the controls right (well, think so, it seems to work as I want it to).
However, whenever I try to move an object (as in move, second option on the action menu, called “SmoothMove Tool” the position handles ends up in the middle of the screen (work area screen, not my actual screen), and I am currently working down in the lower left area, and zoomed in, so the green dot is of screen until I have zoomed out.
The issue effects Spline Tool, and groups thereof and Rectangle tool, but not circle or star tool.

Attached a screenshot showing the issue

System info:
Synfig Studio 1.0.2
OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 (14F1505)
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro10,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz

Hello and welcome here vrghost,

If i understand well, you need help about the Group Transformation Widget … and the ability the place it where you want … [ctrl] is the key.

have stick fun!

That is exactly the ticket

A bit of a newbi and I just could not find that function, (and to me it was not obvious that it could be moved in that way, very useful :slight_smile: )