November Challenge: A looping background

Nice animation, Genete! :mrgreen:
Very nice work!

-Coolname007

EDIT: Iā€™m an idiot.

It is not blank. The stars are pretty invisible if not shown over a dark background.
The file you need to open is just scroll.sifz. The other are linked to it and can be opened but may not show so much.
The particle template is very complex, donā€™t try to understand it yet. Better just open the template in the wiki
and play with the exported parameters (child panel) to see the effects on the particles.
Enjoy!
-G

EDIT: Stupid me. :blush:

EDIT: Delete.

The fire.sfiz file is the exhaust gas from the rocket. the stars1, stars2 and stars3 are that, stars :slight_smile:

EDIT: Removing comments, removing comments, removing commentsā€¦ :unamused:
Iā€™m an idiot.

Please provide the console output information you obtain when you try to open the file.
It works to me even unzipping in any other place.
-G

synfig <6016> [7:55:04 PM] info: Setting preview synfig <6016 [7:55:04 PM] info: FPS = 12.000000

Hope this helps!!

also the message that i get when the program crashes when i try to preview it is:

and it gives me the only option of closing the program!

Looking forward to next reply,

-Coolname007

Working OK under XP, for what itā€™s worthā€¦

Chris

EDIT: delete (gives the same info thatā€™s in an earlier post)

pixelgeek: ok, but it doesnā€™t work on Vista, for what its worthā€¦ :laughing:

-C

Great, all entries rock! :smiley:

So ā€¦ here is mine. And itā€™s not WIP and Iā€™m not even late, wooo!
Itā€™s a looping background. Really. Maybe a weird one. Itā€™s a kind of ā€œJack and the magic beanstalkā€ (or something).

youtube.com/watch?v=srB8r7tDNoI

And in case you want to see it without the warp and haze : youtube.com/watch?v=LxohkBbima4

The source can be found here aurore.d.googlepages.com/synfig_ ā€¦ runk2.sifz

Wow! a 3D loop!
Very good entry! I like it very much! :slight_smile:
-G

That is really great looking and different kind of looping background, I love it!

Aaaaah! If we had the selective blur you donā€™t have need to place that cloud in the vanishing point! :slight_smile:

Hehehe, and howā€™s the coding going? :wink:

But maybe there should be a cloud hiding the top of the trunk, even with blur, because the Warp layer didnā€™t allow me to make trunk too thin at the top. For some reason, the top wasnā€™t displayed if the 2 top control points were too close to each other.

Nice one rore!

Hereā€™s my entry. I think I miscalculated my back line of trees slightlyā€¦

ā€œIt was a quiet day for a routine patrolā€¦ā€

youtube.com/watch?v=1-hbejm9TBM&fmt=18

Zenoscope posted his belated response:

au.youtube.com/watch?v=OtQtA-5jMvg

Really quite nice IMO.

I was moving, plus it took much longer than I had intended. Next time Iā€™ll only be a few weeks late :stuck_out_tongue:

@Rore: The 3d stalk is awesome! I think the ā€œcloudā€ adds to the 3dness.