New Synfig demo reel!!!

Hello friends. I’m collecting files that can be included in the demo reel 2. If you have any preference, let me know here. :slight_smile:

Hopefully you’ll get something better, but if not you can use this.

welcome.flac.zip (125 KB)

Thanks.

pls, if possible take a look at the new icons I drew :mrgreen:

hello Rafael :smiley:
if you want my animation “wind on the grass,” I’ll try to send you to correct files.
But the render is complicated (and long: several hours) it must be done in several passes.
I will also try to add a raven.
If you tell me the resolution you want, I can do rendering, and give you the sequence of png.

@jcome:

Ok. I will bear it in mind.

@mad0: Thanks a lot. I will write you soon.

@mad0:

You can do the resolution as you want. Thanks for render it. :smiley:
I also would like the scene of the child in the room, if it is possible.
Thanks.

I don’t think that render at any resolution is a good idea. Better match final render aspect ratio, pixel dimensions and video codec.
-G

Ok. What do you think about this:
Render at the best resolution as you can;
Aspect ratio 16:9;
Pixel dimensions 1920 x 1080.
No problem for the video codec, I will use a video editor for final composing and adding audio.

Hello Rafael,
I can’t render at ratio 16/9 without cropping, my animations are at ratio 4 / 3.
And you’ll have to be patient, it’s really big! I used 800x600 format for the grass, and 480x360 format for the child…

Please use png sequence! (It is safer and loseless) :slight_smile:
-G

Hey! Is there any chance of my “rotating dino” getting in the reel? I’m pretty proud of it!

@jsfarney:
Are you muensterman? http://synfig.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2984

Hi mad0. I asked genete for advise about this. I agree with him: cropping is the most acceptable option but it depends on how much is lost when cutting. Anyway, you can cut symmetrically or not, so there is a possibility to discard uninteresting parts (eg the sky) and focus on what’s important (the grass ). It would be interesting that the focus be done before rendering, because it does not lose resolution when focusing.
But if you think you do not give good results, you can leave it as it is done, and two black bands will appear in the demo reel.

Don’t worry. It will not be finished tomorrow :wink:

hello rafael :slight_smile:
I tried to cut the animation in 1920x1080, but it does not work well. Because of my method of render in several times, areas don’t overlap exactly. I make probably mistakes …
I’ll do in 1920x1440, I hope this time it will work, and then i’ll simply crop the pictures with Photofiltre…
How many seconds does it take? As the render will be long, I’d rather do just enough … :wink:
I started to draw a crow, I’ll try to add it… :slight_smile:

chouette

just 2 or 4 seconds is enough :smiley:

Hi, I can contribute to the reel.

Great. Are you onlinedsi?

Yep

Super. If it’s ok for you, I will mail you soon for give you more details :smiley: