New here and lost

Hello everyone!

I’ve always been interested in this kind of thing and thought I was proficient with computers and software, however, I’m feeling very stupid. I’m having a really hard time with this and becoming increasingly frustrated.

I’m a singer/songwriter, always been interested in art, music, and animals.

I’m hoping there is someone out there that can get me started, then I’ll probably be alright.

Thank you… :unamused:

Hi Libby,

First of all don’t be frustrated! If animation is just a hobby for you and you don’t get the proper results, don’t get sad! The idea is to have fun meanwhile drawing and animating!

For a good enjoyment of Synfig you can do the following:

1. Use a Linux distribution as main operating system. Even if you have Windows don’t be worry, we have windows version available too.
  2. Download and install the application from the Download page of the wiki: synfig.org/Tutorials
  3. Follow the tutorials and ask here if you have troubles. synfig.org/Tutorials

And don’t forget that animation is a very time consuming task, so don’t be frustrated with your first trials.

Welcome!
-G

Animation takes lots of time and concentration, and gets better with experience, and synfig is a labour of love in itself. As for feeling frustrated, I doubt that will ever go away
I play music too (was once even a singer songwriter of sorts, but I didn’t write enough songs)… One good thing about animation is it’s not as demanding as a musical instrument - you make something, look at it, add to it, fix it, until you’ve had enough, and once you’ve finished your work it’s always there, and you don’t have to practice every day to keep it (does that make any sense?)

Thank you…I try to follow the directions, but I can’t get it work. I wish there was a video tutorial.

Meanwhile, I’ll keep playing my piano… :smiley:

There are some video tutorials.
synfig.sourceforge.net/wiki/Video_Tutorials
-G