Need a Basic Character Please

Hello from Washington DC. I’m going to be in NYC in early March giving a talk on free software to college radio/TV students. Part of my exhibit includes the ArtistX Linux distro, which you may know also includes Synfig.

I’d be grateful if someone could point me to a place where I may obtain a simple stock character – plain, with nothing that would distinguish it as a unique or distinct (read: copyrightable) creation – that a student could just open in Synfig on a demo machine and pull, tug, and manipulate to his/her heart’s content.

You will see from my Forum status that this is my first posting here, so I don’t yet know my way around the community… and I’m a broadcast instructor so I really don’t have much in the way of animation chops. But I just know someone at the conference is going to ask me, so I’m hoping someone here can direct me to a repository of baseline Synfig-ready characters that I might tap for this one occasion. Or if someone doesn’t mind parting with one of their ‘rejects’ for the exhibit (all rights stay with you).

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Prof. Alan Peterson, CBT/CEA
Montgomery College
Rockville MD

You can use Morevna project’s character template:
morevnaproject.org/2013/04/10/ch … -released/

Here’s a tutorial video:
morevnaproject.org/2013/04/15/ch … -tutorial/

The character template is CC0 licensed:
creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

So you are able to use it without any copyright concerns.

Only issue might be the Synfigstudio version that comes installed with ArtistX Linux distro being too old to use it.