My Animations

Hello

Well, Here i put the links:

moving head:
youtu.be/fqP7xLOSKgA

a strange clock:
youtube.com/watch?v=eQQPTnKb … rofilepage

I’m using Windows 7 in a Laptop with AMD procesor (64 bits, quad core)
Also i have to say a few things that i noticed:

• I can`t select the text objects in the canvas window like i do with other objects (regions, polygons, etc)
  • I can`t convert my animation to mp4, using ffmpeg. I can convert to wmv format. Do I have to get the right codecs?
  • When I load a synfig file from the menu of win7, the ffmpeg stops work.

Don’t get me wrong. The developers are doing a great work. I hope to continue working with this software. I just hope we could find solution to this problems

Again, Great Work

:slight_smile:
The bounce at the end of the head turn may be due to using TCB interpolation?

If you can describe the problems you’re seeing in more detail, I may be able o look into them.

Rgds,
Chris

Hello
Thanks for your answer

1.- Just write something with the text tool. If you try to select the text in the canvas window you can’t do it. You can only do it in the layers panel.
2.- Well, I’m using Windows 7. I select Render, Target >>ffmpeg , Parameters >> Available video codecs >> libx264 H.264… , bitrate>> 200

In terminal says:

[image2pipe @ 02e2eb60]MAX_READ_SIZE:5000000 reached
[image2pipe @ 02e2eb60]Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
Input #0, image2pipe, from 'pipe:':
  Duration: N/A, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0.0: Video: ppm, rgb24, 480x272, 24 fps, 24 tbr, 24 tbn, 24 tbc
[libx264 @ 0373dba0]broken ffmpeg default settings detected
[libx264 @ 0373dba0]use an encoding preset (vpre)
Output #0, mp4, to '(changed for me)xx.mp4':
  Metadata:
    title           : Synfig Animation 1
    Stream #0.0: Video: libx264, yuv420p, 480x272, q=2-31, 200 kb/s, 90k tbn, 24
 tbc
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
Error while opening encoder for output stream #0.0 - maybe incorrect parameters
such as bit_rate, rate, width or height

If I choose the wmv codec, seems to be no problem (?)

3.- From the start menu in windows, choose any synfig document. After the file is opened, choose render with ffmpeg. In Terminal of Win 7 says something like “ffmpeg” is not recognized … etc, etc.

This is what i can see.
Thanks

1. click to the select tool (the arrow) and pick the green origin circle. Then you can drag the text around to your heart’s content. Or resize it with the orangey/brown duck.

2. There may be some combinations of parameters that don’t work for FFMPEG. It would be interesting to hear from the Linux users if they see the same restrictions.

3. This looks like a bug (or limitation) related to how windows finds executables. When you start Synfig from the icon, it knows to start in “C:\Program Files (x86)\Synfig\bin”, which is also where ffmpeg is installed by Synfg. If you double click on a file, I suspect it’s starting from whatever the current directory is. If you add “C:\Program Files (x86)\Synfig\bin” to your path, it should work however you start the application.

Hey, that was great! I thought for a minute that the two rabbits were going to keep multiplying. Glad they didn’t, though; I think they would have overrun my monitor. :smiley: