My Animantion Question Morphing.

Hi.

Okay, so I have a question about animating legs for the morphing animation that I am doing. The person is supposed to be wearing pants. What will happen the person will be walking from the right side of the screen to the left side of the screen. Their body will turn and will face the screen.

So here is my question. When I am doing the hip/leg animation, is it better to make the hips, and legs from in their own layer like in the cutout animation tutorial, or just to make them in 1 layer?

Thx

On the side note, I know I am supposed to make each leg layer separately, but I do not know about the hips.

Very hard question to answer. It all depends on your artwork and animation. What the scene require. Do you have some artwork to show? Will be easier to give advise then.

Sure. Here is the picture I have. As I said before It’s gonna rotate, so I’m not sure what is the best way to do it.

The waitress isn’t layered right because i am still working on it. It’s supposed to come from the partition from the yellowish building.
Chicken Monster.jpg

Unless the hip and legs were very very simple, they should use more than one layer in general.
-G