My 3rd Synfig animation is ready!

Hi all,

I have just uploaded my 3rd synfig animation and I would really like to know if the image quality is OK…as I had issues with video format, size , etc :frowning:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y4bwtmta … load_owner

Could you please give me your opinion?

I’d be very grateful :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance

Leila

The quality is fine, and the animation is good.

Don’t happen too much, but is good. :slight_smile:

Thanks, but this is a nursery rhyme…and you don’t expect much to happen in a nursery rhyme , do you? :wink:

lol, that’s the best video quality I’ve ever seen. Animation isn’t too bad either. Nice job :slight_smile:

Hi!
Quality of the vid is good.
If I do have to make a remark then I would say that the contrast of the ground in the background could be improved or changed because now it looks as if the trees and bushes in the background float on air during the camerapass. Personally I would not blur the water effect where the water touches the peddle and the boat, but that is merely a matter of opinion.
Good work!

Greetz!

Thanks for the constructive remarks…Any idea how to improve the ground? should I change the colour or what exactly? I am just an amateur, no experience whatsoever in the field of animation :blush: …I am just starting to discover the secrets of Synfig, this fabulous program.

Thanks again
Leila

Simply add some stationary hills or mountains on the background. It would improve the depth of field. Any other far object or landscape would help.
-G

Thanks Genete, :slight_smile: …I will do this next time…Thanks to this forum, I’ve learnt a lot of new things …I’m grateful . I hope that one day, I’ll be able to do a good animation.

I would like to ask though how did you make the video high quality? I’m experimenting with that right now.

Hi DeSpencer,

When I rendered my animation, I used the following settings:

target : auto
Quality: 1
Anti-aliasing: 31

Image Size
Width: 1920
Height: 1080 (that’s the standard HD size)

I then used Virtual dub video editor to edit the frames and turn them into a video AVI
AVI was too huge so I compressed to MP4. to do the compression I used Free Studio

You can also adjust virtual dub settings for a better quality result…I personally followed the instructions in this youtube video:

youtube.com/watch?v=sw08YZGReXk

I hope this helps.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Leila

Oh and thank you for your comment…I have just read it… :smiley:

Best quality is the higher value, isn’t? Best is 9 or best is 1? :unamused:

Hi fenix, best is 1

Oooops!

I was really wrong, so.

Thanks, Keyboard74. :slight_smile:

You’re welcome :slight_smile: