My 3rd animation.

I’ve attached the SIFZ file which was my 3rd animation, based on a tutorial in the Synfig manual. I included a face which looks surprised then smiles, & fancified the flower which grows. This makes the animation more complex than the tutorial, not to mention original. When I rendered it, I was quite surprised that the GIF version (4.5MB) was so much larger than the AVI version (937.7KB). And, it took a long, long time for the GIF version to render. Maybe as long as 15 min. The forum wouldn’t let me post the AVI version, and has a maximum size of 3MB on attachments. I expect my animations to become more complex & lengthy as I continue learning new things, so I probably won’t be posting any (or at least not very many) pre-rendered things here in the future. Anyway, I hope you like the animation.
130119 - 11s flower grows & face smiles.sifz (15.9 KB)

That’s very good for your third day with Synifg.
Once you get used to the interface and understand properly how to achieve the animation you want, it is time to raise your skills to the second level.
Good luck!
-G

Why the penis nose?! lol

Something that might be interesting for you to play with… if you encapsulate everything and animate the zoom and origins of that encapsulation layer and it acts like your camera! :slight_smile:

Actually, it’s my 3rd animation in about a week of doing it. That was a great page you linked to, at wikipedia! I posted a link to it on my facebook.com page. Thanks!

Shhh! He’s very sensitive, about that nose. Kids used to tease him about it all the time, in school. No, seriously, I’d considered doing something rather unorthodox as an extra for this animation. You see, my younger brother is a great cartoonist, and when he was younger used to create rather rough & explicit cartoons that would best be described as “underground”. I’d considered making the nose of the face rise to point upward as it smiled in appreciation of the flower. Then, I could send him a copy privately via email. But, as you can see, common sense took over, and I didn’t do it. But, I left the nose. It was lacking clear definition of the tip’s rim, anyway. I was wondering if anybody would actually notice it…(!) Hee, hee, hee! Now, I know.

That’s an interesting idea, about encapsulation & zooming. I’ll give it a try. Thanks!