Multiplane camera examples

Hi!
I wanted to brush up on my synfig knowledge of multiplane camera and went over to the tutorial that Rylleman posted on the wiki but the two example files failed to load in Synfig 0.64.0. Any one know why?
Greetz!

I can open the basic template but not the landscape example.
It looks like there is a circular reference for a certain exported value node. I’ll take a look to the file.
-G

Effectively, there is a bug in the new versions that doesn’t allow to load a file if the exported value node is used in other exported value node before it is used. In this case, MAIN_Z was used in exported value nodes before it was defined in the file, so here the conflict.

I remember to have change that behavior to fix other bug of circular references for external definitions discovered by Zelgadis during his character template work. It seems that fixing that bug has raised one new bug for old files.

Please open a bug ticket for incompatibility with old files. Meanwhile, please use this corrected file as replacement for the landscape example file. I just moved the definition of MAIN_Z to be defined before used. It is sif not sifz because I modified manually the content of the file and don’t want to save as sifz with the current Synfig version I have because it would introduce new components not compatible with 0.64.0 which would make it not usable for you.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience.
-G
Multiplane_landscape_example_2-fixed.sif (1.15 MB)

Hi!
Cool, many thanks. It works. I already made a backup workflow to do the animation in Synfig and the multiplane camera work in Creatoon but now I can fiddle around with the example file to wrap my head around it and try and do it all in Synfig.
Greetz!

edit: bugtracker site was ofline due to internal server error. Will try again later.