The Dragon was done in Blender, though. Once again, thanks to Berteh for that Synfig Fire trick.
Animating was a pain though, due to few things:
- There isn’t an in-built tool for properly drawing, erasing and planning out shots (also scrobbling through frames using arrow keys) and thus I have to rely on Pencil, which also isn’t efficient enough.
- Need shortcuts, like in Blender. S for Scale, R for Rotate, etc.
- Lack of vector drawing tool (with tablet) which temporarily switches to Normal tool for moving shapes around when Ctrl is held, then back to drawing tool when released. Also, a Simplify tool similar to Inkscape, in case there are too many tangents when drawing.
- No Automatic Loop option without prompting user (probably with a toggle on/off menu) when one end of the bline touches the other end, sort of like Inkscape.
- No Lock Layer (let a layer remain visible, be let it also be immune to selection).
Just saying this could really help speed up animating in Synfig.