Mishaps with Lottie Export

Hello,

I’m new to Synfig Studio but feel I’m getting fairly comfortable with the basics. I was excited to find this particularly because I think Lottie is going to be kind of a big deal, and I don’t think web animators should be stuck being tied to never-ending After Effects subscriptions.

Anyway, I recognize that Lottie support development is in it’s early days, but I haven’t had much success with it so far. So I’m wondering if the issues I’m experiencing are to be expected or something unique to my setup. Seems like no matter what animation method I use, the lottie output has dropped and or mis-ordered frames. Can anyone shed light on this, offer tips, or add their experience with Lottie export?

Much thanks in advance!

Hello Parris,

Excited to see you try the Lottie export feature of Synfig. Here is a list of supported features: Export for web via Lottie (GSoC 2020-2021) [COMPLETED] — Synfig developers docs documentation

We also got a GSoC Project for improvements in Lottie exporter. You can find the expected improvements here: Lottie: Export animation for web Milestone · GitHub

Have a great day!