ListImporter not working

Hi,

I was trying to import a penciled rough of a head turn to use as a guide layer and couldn’t get the ListImporter to work. If I just import a single image, that works fine, but not the list. Upon further inspection, it looks like Synfig doubles my path info (e.g., home/matt/images/home/matt/images) when I try to import an .lst file, but it doesn’t do that when I just import an image.

As a comparison, I downloaded and opened the walk cycle tutorial files. Upon first opening that sif file (newwalk.sif), the .lst is there in its own layer as expected, but if I try to re-import the list file, I get the path doubling problem and the imported images that were there before disappear.

Am I doing some basic thing wrong or is this an issue? I’m using 0.61.09 on Ubuntu Intrepid/8.10.

Thanks,

Matt

would you please provide the full files that you’re trying to import (including the correct path)? I believe that there is a bug on that but want to be sure.
-G

Genete,

I’ll pull those up tomorrow for you (when I’m on my Ubuntu machine again). In the meantime, I found a work-around since I was only trying to import the list to use the images as a guide for drawing: I can just import one image and change it out as needed without issue.

Thanks,

Matt

Genete,

I just successfully used the listimporter with the Zelgadis-deb (SVN r2354) under Ubuntu 9.04. My original post was about the official 0.61.09 that is built via your Ubuntu 8.10 instructions, which, I’m guessing, is older than SVN r2354. Since listimporter is working under this newer version, should we consider this case closed or do you still want the files that caused trouble from the original post?

As an aside, this SVN r2354 .deb provided by Zelgadis and running under Ubuntu 9.04 is by far the most stable Synfig I’ve yet played with. If my experience is typical, I’d recommend all Ubuntu users switch to this set-up.

Matt

It is possible that the bug were related to a no refresh of the canvas bug that has been recently solved. It was not triggered unless you have a quick computer where the render threads were mixed together.
If you don’t have more issues about it, don’t open the bug tracker. Anyway let’s take it in mind.
Thanks anyway! :slight_smile:
-G