Installation proces Synfig Mac OS X

Hello,

I just tried installing synfig for Mac OS X. (I have OS X 10.7, Lion) I installed the two .dmg packages on the website under the ‘Mac’ section. However, whenever I open one of them, the program opens, but it doesn’t fully load and has to be force quit every time.
I checked the website again and I found the Source Codes. It said that you apparently need these three downloads to run the program. I downloaded those, but I have no idea what to do with them.
Apparently you have to build the program manually, but I don’t know how to do that. After a quick search on the forums I found something about secondplanet and homebrew, But I don’t know where to start.

I’m very confused about if I have to manually build the program myself, and if so, how to build it correctly to get the program to run.

Can someone please guide me through the process of properly installing Synfig and getting it to work?

I don’t have any experiences with Mac OS X, but it seems you need to install XQuartz first.

If that doesn’t work then you could try older release versions:
sourceforge.net/projects/synfig/ … -binaries/

Look if this solves the problem

Synfig and OS X Mountain Lion

And if it doesn’t then look here

-G

Thank you all very much for your help :smiley: I just installed Xquartz and that went well, but Synfig still won’t open. It won’t fully load and eventually I have to force quit it because it’s not going anywhere.
I looked at the second link that Genete provided, but I’d rather not go messing around in my mac because I’m afraid I’ll accidentally break something.
I also looked at the link that Yoyobuae provided, and that seems like a good idea. There are several files that I can download. Which one should I pick for OS Lion?