Installation failed

Hi everyone,

I am sorry for the noobie question, but I got a problem during installation. I am running mac OS 10.5.8, and either with Fink commander or within the shell I got an error while installing the packages needed for synfig to work.
I could install the ETL package, but when I tried synfig or synfigstudio I got an error message.

[code]lauralina:~ Lolo$ fink install synfig
Information about 9917 packages read in 1 seconds.
W: Couldn’t stat source package list file: unstable/crypto Packages (/sw/var/lib/apt/lists/_sw_fink_dists_unstable_crypto_binary-darwin-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: Couldn’t stat source package list file: unstable/crypto Packages (/sw/var/lib/apt/lists/_sw_fink_dists_unstable_crypto_binary-darwin-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)

fink needs help picking an alternative to satisfy a virtual dependency. The candidates:

(1) ghostscript: Interpreter for PostScript and PDF
(2) ghostscript-esp: Enhanced GNU Ghostscript with better CJK and printer support
(3) ghostscript6: Interpreter for PostScript and PDF, v6.01

Pick one: [1]
Can’t resolve dependency “gcc4.2” for package “ppl-0.10.2-2” (no matching packages/versions found)
Exiting with failure.
lauralina:~ Lolo$
[/code]
And the result is the same whether I pick 1, 2 or 3 option.

It is slightly different when I try to install synfigstudio package though :

[code]lauralina:~ Lolo$ fink install synfigstudio
Information about 9917 packages read in 1 seconds.

fink needs help picking an alternative to satisfy a virtual dependency. The candidates:

(1) ghostscript: Interpreter for PostScript and PDF
(2) ghostscript-esp: Enhanced GNU Ghostscript with better CJK and printer support
(3) ghostscript6: Interpreter for PostScript and PDF, v6.01

Pick one: [1] 2

(1) db48-aes: Berkeley DB embedded database - crypto
(2) db48: Berkeley DB embedded database - non crypto

Pick one: [1]
Can’t resolve dependency “gcc4.2” for package “ppl-0.10.2-2” (no matching packages/versions found)
Exiting with failure.
[/code]
Do you have any idea where it comes from ? Ah, I updated all the Fink packages (I made a selfupdate and update all).

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance, I am so lost but I can’t wait to try out synfig !

I’m not mac user and cannot setup a mac virtual machine. Maybe some one else with a mac machine can help you. Meanwhile, there isn’t a fink package maintainer? maybe he/she can have a clue.

-G

I’ll poke htodd.

I think the guys on the fink mailing list would be better at this, but do you have the compiler installed? And if so, which gcc are you using? I think you have to do a “which gcc” and then actually do an "ls -l which gcc" to see which gcc is symlinked. The Apple gcc is the one you want, but if you’ve installed gcc (usually because you need gfortran) then you have to move the gcc links back and forth to do things like compile synfig.

Please let me know you need further help.