image import

Hello again,

I see that I can import bitmap images via a couple of routes. What’s the simplest way to import an image at its normal size? For instance, when I use an image import layer, the only way I’ve been able to get the image at its normal size so far is to use the image dimensions to set the top left and bottom right corner dimensions on the import layer before actually importing the image. Is there a simpler way to do this that I’m missing?

One of the specific things I’d like to do is import a background png that’s bigger than the movie screen size for background panning purposes.

Thanks,

Matt

I’m still very interested in this. If I’ve asked a question with an obvious answer somewhere in the docs, please point it out to me, 'cause I somehow missed it. :smiley:

Thanks,

Matt

The simplest way to import an image is using the caret menu -> File -> import.
It will import the image file and fit its dimensions to fill the as much as possible the current canvas but without distortion the image.
If you currently know the image dimensions that you are going to import then first set the project size to match exactly that dimensions and import the image. I assume that the image has huge dimensions for panning.
Later resize the canvas dimensions to the normal size.

Use a translate layer for imported image panning.
-G

Thanks for the reply. I guess the short answer is that there is no way yet to simply import an image at it’s default size. That would be a good feature for the wish list, I suppose.

Matt