Help! (Request for contribution)

Üdvözlöm Viktoria!

A Hungarian translation is great news as my daughters will be able to use Synfig Studio now! 8)

Hi, viktoria.s!
I guess Hungarian (hu) should be fine.

Yes, of course you can translate offline with poedit.
There’s no need to download English po file - just click “Add translation” on this page - transifex.net/projects/p/sy … nfig-core/
Then choose “Hungarian (hu)”
The new language will be added. You can click on it and choose “Download for translation”.
IIRC there’s no additional fields in po should be corrected.
Thank you!

Hi!

I have created and completed the Hungarian translation :smiley: . It needs a little bit of review, but I think it is fine for the first version. I tried to create a patch report here: SourceForge.net: Synfig: Patches, but there are some problem with my SourceForge.net registration, so I was not able to report the patch. But I hope you can add the tranlation to the project even if I report it in this way. Thanks.

The patch report at SourceForge.net: Synfig: Patches now created. :slight_smile:

What a fantastic translation - you’ve put an enormous amount of time and trouble into it. I know it’s not easy as the logic of the two languages differs so much.

I’ve been reading through it with my rubbish Hungarian and I’d query just two entries:

Oblique -> Átlátszóság (would ferde be better?)
Kerning -> Kerning (would alávágás be better?)

Hi!

I have created a thred for posting the problems for the hungarian translation. You can find it here:

@DaveJ
I will answer your post there. (I guess it yould be better if we continue this discussion on that thread instead of this one.)

Hi every one, can any one help me??? I was using the synfig 63.0 version for windows and it was working alright but I just load the 64.0 version and when i try to put a key photogram all program crashes, some one can tell me what to do???

Hi!
What do you mean by “key photogram”?

Using Kubuntu, and Synfig (the latest one) seems to crash spontaneously…

I’m in a professional project currently. Erm… help? I don’t know what to do, or how to diagnose it. It just happens “randomly”.

Hi! What do you mean by “the latest one”? Development snapshot or stable 0.64.1?

Yes, it’s stable 0.64.1. :smiley: (I can only test the Development Snapshot for my own curiosity, but not my workspace computer; too risky otherwise.)

OK, got it. Do you use cairo or software rendering?

Software rendering probably. Cairo seems to be turned off in the Synfig Studio Setup settings…

Does it crash at certain file/at certain operation?

I’m not actually sure; I guess I’m a bit unattentive with my processes while working, so I didn’t recognize the pattern. But it seems to happen spontaneously, randomly. If I vaguely remember anything, I “think” it seems to happen when I’m working with layers (either just clicking them, or adding some, or checking/unchecking visibility, etc.).

Zelgadis, any way I can find out what’s causing the problems? The crashes don’t even give me error messages. The software just “shuts down”.

So, I assume it is crashes for you more ofthen, than 0.64.0 (previous stable), right?
I mean, Synfig isn’t a bugfree, so it’s ok to see it crashing from time to time. :slight_smile: I guess in your situation the crashes happen often and randomly.
Also, assume that it crashes on various files.

My first suggestion is to try compile Synfig from source.
Just use following commands:

git clone https://github.com/synfig/synfig.git cd synfig git checkout origin/0.64.1 bash autobuild/synfigstudio-linux-build.sh

After the process is finished you can run compiled version using this command:

$HOME/synfig/bin/synfigstudio

Let me know if that makes any difference for you.

Running that last line there gave me this error:

[code]Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libdirectfb-dev : Depends: libjpeg-dev
libmng-dev : Depends: libjpeg-dev
libtiff4-dev : Depends: libjpeg-dev
[/code]

I’ll try to install them. XD Let’s see how it goes…

I keep cycling on dependencies here. Can’t seem to install Synfig from the GIT…

[code]Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libjpeg-turbo8-dev : Conflicts: libjpeg62-dev but 6b1-3ubuntu1.13.10.1 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
[/code]

Hi! I have fixed the script for Ubuntu 13.10. Please download it from here - raw.github.com/synfig/synfig/ma … x-build.sh
Save it into “autobuild/synfigstudio-linux-build.sh” in “synfig” directory (replace the file).

Then run the last command again:

bash autobuild/synfigstudio-linux-build.sh

I hope this help.