Hello Synfig Project Forum...

I’m a complete novice to Synfig, but I’ve heard so many good things about this program that I had to give it a try.

I’m an entrepreneur who want’s to put up a website and add Synfig’s 2D animations over some public domained pics for my website’s pages. So, I’m here to gather as many pointers as I can.

The animated effects I want to put on my website’s first page will be a pic of a movie theater’s marquee. And I’d want it to look something like this: youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Arpo4NnV4

So I’m trying to find out if these kinds of effects are possible with Synfig. The person who did this told me they used anime studio. But I’m committed to trying to get as close to this as I can with Synfig’s software.

So, if anyone’s got any pointers about how I can achieve this…PLEASE let me know!

Thanks in advance.

P.S.
I always like to have a pictured avatar for profiles, but I’m still trying to figure out the dimension sizes that this site will accept; so it’s not a case of mental sloth…I am working on it. :smiley:

Welcome to the forums!

Sure you can do that with Synfig Studio. Just go through the manual and get used with its capabilities.
-G

‘G’…
Thanks for the reassurance. Just knowing these kind of effects are possible with Synfig is a great help!

One thing…could you advise me on any commands/techniques on how I could get the animations of the video in the link I provided, to work for me on Synfig?

Once you draw the objects, use the blur layer to give the glow effect. Maybe use it in the ‘Behind’ blend method instead the default ‘Straight’.
Animate the amount parameter of the layer to make blink along the time.
-G

Thanks Again ‘G’! :wink: