hello how to fix render parameter??

hello ;
i am new in synfig , how i can fix parameter of render to have as a result a format of DVD avi ;in other why what are the value i will put in for example :IMAGE SIZE , IMAGE AREA , LOCK and LINKS…
please help me.

In Europe, before HD, we used the PAL system. There are two different aspect ratios of PAL picture: 4:3 and 16:9 (known as widescreen). The PAL system has non-square pixels, which causes problems as your computer has square pixels.

Regardless of whether you are producing a widescreen animation or an old 4:3 ratio animation your video file should be 720 x 576 pixels.

It’s hard to work with non-square pixels, so in Synfig Studio we want to work with square pixels. Therefore for a 4:3 image I work at 788 x 576 pixels. Remember that there are 10 pixels of blanking on each side of the picture so you’ll only be able to see the centre 768 x 576 pixels area in your video.

For a 16:9 image I work at 1050 x 576 pixels. Again, because of blanking we’ll only be able to see the centre 1024 x 576 area in our finished video.

When you render your animation you can then adjust the image size to 720 x 576 using the Render dialog box. To do this, in the Render dialog box, go to the Other Tab and uncheck Pixel Aspect and Image Span check boxes (all the checkboxes should be unchecked). Then In the Image Tab of the Render dialog box change the Width to 720 and the Height to 576.

Now you can render your animation at 720 x 576 which is the native PAL resolution.

So, in brief:

i) Work at 788 x 576 or 1050 x 576 in Synfig Studio.
ii) In the Render dialog box, go to the Other Tab and uncheck Pixel Aspect and Image Span
iii) In the Image Tab of the Render dialog box change the Width to 720 and the Height to 576
iv) Render your animation.

I always render to either .avi (ffmpeg Target with HuffyUV) or a PNG sequence (png Target).

I can’t help for NTSC as I don’t know the figures for that format.

thanks very mauch for your help my freind :slight_smile: and god bless you :smiley: