Hello everybody! (disappearing PNG as I "group" it to apply transformation)

Hello everybody,
I’m new here. I’ve always been fascinated by animations and the great potential they have to communicate ideas, projects… finally, now I have the time and the motivation to do some 2D animation! I would like to make a short animation to explain the rules of a board game that I produced. Looking for tools to do it, I found Synfig! :slight_smile:
I started to work on the project yesterday. I want to animate a rolling little earth, an imported PNG image. To do it, I imported the PNG, generated the frames and for each image of the new frame (Synfig generates a new image) I generated a group to apply the transformation to the images (translation and rotation). I found these suggestions on the forum.
My problem is that, as soon as I generate the group, the image of the earth disappears. Does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks in advance,
Erika

Can you share the file? The forum admits .sif and .sifz files as attachment.
Please provide a link to the image file too.
-G

Dere Genete,
thank you for your answer. Here are the files.
Please, let me know what you think, so I can move forward with my project :slight_smile:
Thanks! :slight_smile:

Synfig Animation Frico.sifz (2.34 KB)

Hi!
When you group a file that is already in a switch group then you have to make sure that the active layer name corresponds to the name of the newly formed group, otherwise the newly grouped file will not be visible. When you want to translate or rotate the earth image you do not have to regroup it again. The orange switch group has the same group transformation widget as a normal group.
Greetz!