Head turn tutorial not working?

Hey, guys. As you can see, I’m new here. I only recently dicovered Synfig. And, I’ve been trying to use the head turn tutorial for an animation want to make. But, for some reason it just refuses to work. Follwing the tutorial, I make the circle and then make a spline.

Then I select the top two verteces with the transform tool, right-click and choose Link. This is where the problem is. Every time I do that, the spline just shoots down and I get this:

Same thing if I try with the bottom ones, this happens:

I’m pretty sure I’m following the tutorial correctly. So why is this happening?

Hi!
Is the (green) center of the spline the same as the (green) center of the circle?
Greetz!

At first I thought it’s not giving me a green center point for the spline at all since it’s not a complete shape. But, now that you mentioned it, I finally saw where the damn thing is. And, even though I make spline simply from the top to the bottom of the circle, the spline’s center point for some reason isn’t there, at all. It’s way down below the character’s mouth. See?

Hi!
Try moving the center of the spline so that it matches the center of the circel. Then ctrl-a to select the vertices of the spline and move it (not with the green dot) to it’s place and try linking again.
Greetz!

It worked. Thanks. :smiley: