Having trouble rendering files as GIFs

So, I have downloaded Synfig and made animations with it, and everything works perfectly fine, until I go to render the animations I have created as GIFs. When I click render, a window pops up saying:

(synfigstudio.exe:8760): glibmm-ERROR **:
unhandled exception (type unknown) in signal handler

Following this, Synfig studio crashes and closes, and a file is saved, but it does not open when clicked. This is true even when I try to open it with internet explorer and chrome, it shows a blank page. It doesn’t open at all with windows media player.

I have searched online for a solution to this problem, but it seems nobody has had the same kind of issue. I have tried saving the animation in all the other formats and they don’t work quite well; most of them save all the frames as still images which isn’t convenient, lol. Either that or they don’t work at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Synfig, and that hasn’t changed anything.
My computer is windows 8, does that make any difference?

I came here to see if I can find a solution to the problem. Thank you everyone for your time, I appreciate it very much.

synfig.org/cms/en/news/synfi … candidate/
-G

Thanks for the link. I downloaded the newest version, but the same problem persists. :frowning:

As of today I downloaded the newest version of synfig released on the 24th of December, and the problem has been resolved :slight_smile:
I still can’t open the gif’s using media player, but that seems to be a separate issue.

Good to know …

Does opening the gif with an internet browser works ? (firefox/chrome/opera/ie …)