[GSoC 2021] Google Summer of Code 2021

I was discussing this with @ice0.

We can divide the project into two parts.

Firstly, we should move the ETL code to synfig-core. This would be easy.

The latter one is switching to standard classes. This is also easy but it also needs discussion. So we can have a public discussion on which classes needs to be migrated and which needs to replaced with standard counterparts.

Apart from this, for GSoC, you’ll have to maintain short weekly reports. You’ll get more information about it soon.

3 Likes

Thank You So Much :blush: for the best wishes ! Happy to spend my summer contributing to synfig :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks and Regards :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yess ! That’s great ! Even I was thinking the same ! Moving ETL to Synfig-Core first would be great ! Then after that we will be able to focus clearly on the classes ! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi, guys!
This year we have a unique situation.

First: Google allowed changes to the student project this year.

Changes to a Student’s Accepted Project
You and your student can decide to change the project from what was originally proposed but you both need to agree on the change. Neither the mentor nor the student should feel pressured into making large project changes. Be fair to your students – set them up for success. In return they should also be flexible to change the scope of the project (within reason) if the org finds it necessary.

Second: Both students want to switch projects.

@Matvey wanted to work on ETL project, but since there were many people interested in this project he decided to work on GTK project. So he did proposal for GTK project only.
@dhairya_bahl did both proposals and has already started working on GTK but was chosen as the best person for ETL (because @Matvey did not make a proposal on this).

So I think it’s a good idea to switch projects between students so that everyone feel more comfortable doing the work they will be doing.
@dhairya_bahl @Matvey please confirm your decisions. After that, you need to edit your projects on the GSoC website before June 7.

2 Likes

Hi, it’s great to have this option.
I confirm my decision.

1 Like

I confirm my decision.

1 Like

So it means they switched their GSoC projects or not? lol I don’t know what ‘my decision’ means lol

1 Like

Yes. Both confirmed the decision to change the project. @dhairya_bahl @Matvey please edit your projects on GSoC site.

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay ! Will change the project details on the site ASAP !

Hi guys!

@dhairya_bahl @Matvey
I would like to say that according to the results of the first evaluation, you both have passed.
Unfortunately I didn’t see any activity from both of you for almost two weeks. I hope you are fine.

I would like to remind you that an easy project does not mean that it can be completed in a couple of days. This means that it does not require any special skills, but it still requires a certain amount of time to be completed.

According to my estimation, the approximate progress on the project:
Dhairya - 20%
Matvey - 15%

So I hope both of you are working hard on your projects to get them finished on time.
And it would be nice to see some results from you in the form of pull requests.

Good luck!

@ice0 Extremely sorry for being inactive ! I was trying to learn about Gtk :: Application ! Will make PRs regularly from now on :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks and Regards :slightly_smiling_face: