[GSoC 2020] Google Summer of Code 2020

You need to manually run ./2-build-debug.sh script from synfig folder. It do all the work. After what inside synfig folder you can find _debug folder.

P.S. Also you need to run ./1-setup-windows-msys2.sh to install all needed dependencies.

Hi, I have been trying to understand the code involved in Lottie Exporter plugin and I believe I have a decent idea of how it works now. I have fixed two issues related to it, add support for variable gamma correction and convert methods for simple circle layer.
I would like to now go ahead and start working on the project Improvements for Lottie exporter plugin.
@AnishG , @KonstantinDmitriev what would you suggest as a good starting point?

2 Likes

Hi, @saurabh22!

Will be nice if you can take a look to LGTM warnings here

This will allow to improve and cleanup plugin code before you begin.

4 Likes

@ice0 Sure! I’ll look into LGTM warnings before starting. :smiley:

Hey there!!!
Just another student trying for GSOC this year.
I am really interested in the ideas scripting and Text Layer rewrite.
I’ll start with going through the docs and building the main repo locally.
I would very much appreciate any kind of advice and feedback.

2 Likes

Hey everyone,
I am Kamalpreet Kaur, a student pursuing post-graduation from India. I would like to contribute to GSOC’20 under Synfig.
I am interested to work on the project named Vectorization of Bitmaps. I am done with the Synfig setup. I request the mentors to suggest the issues regarding the project to work on.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi @kamalpreet I will be mentoring the project for details about the project see this thread. Where I have mentioned all the details :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ankit Got it. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Hello everyone. I’m Ayush Srivastava, a pre final year B.Tech student from IIT Kharagpur. I’m interested for working on the project Enhancement for Vectorization of Bitmaps.

1 Like

Hi @Ayushkgp glad to see you interested in vectorization project. Please have a look at my previous comment.

1 Like

Hi, @manofcode! Nice to see you here!
Some note about Text Layer rewrite project. You need to check FreeType, Pango and Harfbuzz libraries.

1 Like

Hi there,
I was going through the projects available on the list of ideas for GSOC and I was particularly interested in the implementation of a CMake build system.

2 Likes

Hi, @ayesdie! You can start from this issue:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

1 Like

Hi @manofcode! For Scripting project please contact @rodolforg.

2 Likes

Hi @all,

Hope you are doing great.

I am Sagar, have good hands-on experience in Docker, Kubernetes, Shell Scripting, Python, Nodejs, CICD, DevOps and cloud.

I am interested to mentor to GSOC Aspirants and proposing this project idea to build during gsoc20.

Cloud rendering platform

- Description

Sometimes time is running out and you need to do your rendering as fast as possible.

Synfig have console tool which can be run inside a container, and it allows you to choose which part of animation you want to render.

We want to create a service which can distribute rendering job across a number of containers and merge final output to video file.

This service must allow to:

• Upload your rendering data to the cloud;

• Run distributed rendering;

• Re-run failed jobs (if container will stay unavailable);

• Get completed images and pipe it thru FFMPEG to get the final avi/mp4 file;

• Download images and/or final avi/mp4 file;

• Have an API connector;

- Expected Results

Simple web-page for upload/download data and run/stop/view process status.

- Difficulty Medium

- Skills required Python, Docker, Kubernetes (JS/HTML optional)

- Mentor(s) Sagar Utekar (https://github.com/Sagar2366), Artem Konoplin (https://github.com/ice0)

Please ask your queries and let me know if you are interested to work on this project.

Thanks.

Thanks for a starting point. I’ll look into it :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ice0 I made changes to some CMakeList.txt files as per the issue:

Can you please check it out?

Hi @all there I am a GSOC aspirant and currently doing Btech. in CS from NIT Hamirpur. I have solved 3 good first issues and interested in project Replacement of deprecated Gtk classes. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

What are those issues? :slight_smile:

1. Fix year in About dialog #1205
  2. Rename “Warp Layer” to “Perspective Layer” #1191
  3. [Vectorization] Enhance BezierToOutline function #1184
    and I am currently working on issue no #1183 [Vectorization] Use less global variables
1 Like