Error "unable to create file for [...]: permission denied"

First of all, hello everyone!
I’m just starting to use Synfig on Windows XP and I’m also new in this forum.
I was trying to render my first animation: I tried to get a .gif output, but I got the message

“unable to create file for [address of the file]: permission denied”

Note that I was creating the .gif file in the same folder of the corresponding .sifz file, the target field was set to .gif, and that I got the same problem also with the .png output (the file is created, but nothing is visualized when I try to open it).
Maybe it’s a trivial problem, but as a beginner-level user I couldn’t figure out the solution.
Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hi C-aesar,
Can you paste the string that you replaced as [address of the file] in the message?
The first reason I can imagine is that you think that it uses the same folder than where the file was created, but for some reason it is using a system folder (where you don’t have write rights).
-G

Hi Genete, and thanks for helping me!
The string is
C:\Documents and Settings\yo\Documenti\knight_rider.gif
Probably the location of the file is part of the problem, because I moved to the desktop and it works! However, the problem remains if I try to work in the Document folder!

When you render to a output file check that you can navigate to the desired path by clicking on the “Choose folder” button from the render dialog.

Cheers!
-G

Yes, I can…but the problem is always there. It seems that the problem is just with the document folder and its sub-folders.

Windows path handling is very special and maybe we have problems with space characters.
-G

Thank you for the help Genete!
The support on the forum is another good reason to use Synfig!