Crash closing file/Synfig

Hi,

I’m working with XP Prof. Ver 2002 Sp2 on a HP 6735b (laptop).

Sometimes (maybe only with some .sifz file) Synfig crashes.

In attach a .sifz that cause the crash.

Here the error :

synfig(4188) [21.09.38] info: …/…/…/src/gtkmm/asyncrenderer.cpp:484 rendering
in the same thread
Quit Request
synfig(4188) [21.09.49] error: KeyframeActionManager::refresh(): Not ready!
synfig(4188) [21.09.49] error: KeyframeActionManager::refresh(): Not ready!

I never lost my data (normally save before closing) :smiley:

What I must do to avoid this problem :question:

Thanx

BottyE
Volto_Alba03.sifz (45.1 KB)

Something to do to make it crash? I’m opening it in a XP machine and it doesn’t seem to crash here.
It renders slow, though.
-G

Interesting…
zooming in to any of the iris just hang on all the application. No crash but seems that the file is a killer. I want to test it on a linux machine :wink:

-G

Hi,

Really my pc is very slow…

Crash event occour when I simply open the file and quit the application.

I’ve tried to wait several minutes, without any operations on Synfig, before closing (Quit) Synfig.

This is the Micosoft crash error raised :

szAppName : synfigstudio.exe szAppVer : 0.0.0.0 szModName : hungapp
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

Bye

I wonder how did you created it! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
-G

I’ve had same issue when I was on XP (some files wich crashed synfig everytime I closed it), I’m not sure if this happened since I’m on linux…

The file you provided does not generate any unusual errors on my computer (Ubuntu/restructuring branch).

There are the KeyframeActionManager messages, which appear to indicate that there is a memory leak (the number of messages shown increases each time you close a file), but I don’t know if they relate at all to this problem.

I know synfig studio crashes sometimes when it quits, but on GNU/Linux that is only apparent from the console messages saying that something went wrong. If I don’t run it from terminal, there are no visible signs of any bugs.

:question: :question: :question:
What you mean?

1st time that I’ve started Synfig I’ve used the default empty file :

“Synfig Animation 1” (Root)

The only thing done is changing [edit | properties] to 5 secs the total rendering time and the size of the image… :exclamation:
The same that I’ve done for the test Gnuck file .sifz …

Somethings wrong :question:

BottyE

Nothing wrong! but if the file is a total crasher I wonder how did you edit it in just one session. I usually zoom in the composition for fine tunning the shapes but this file that you have created is impossible to zoom in this XP machine. :laughing:

-G

Well,
when I open the file, near always, I select the Zoom In magnifier and with 1,74Gb ram is very slow.
I don’t know the percentage of the zoom (where I can view it?).

In attach the pixeling effect when Synfig render.

Bye
Zoom Rendering.jpg

It’s extremely slow, but it hasn’t crashed yet. I’m wondering if there’s something in the file that’s causing Synfig to not correctly work out the bounding box for the render, and it’s trying to render every single work tile at insanely huge resolutions as you zoom in. I seem to remember dooglus fixing a similar problem radial blur on the pirates sifz.

Chris

It’s the Disc blur on the OcularBulb layer that’s causing problems. Rendering without that is just fine. Try changing it to fast gaussian blur.

Hi,

really better in fast gaussian blur for performance, but the graphical effect is, obviously different.

Not so important in my case, but…

I’ve tried to copy all objects into a new empty file (simply copy&paste from-to the Layers panel)
in order to avoid the Synfig crash when closing.
I’ve only changed frames from 24 to 1 per 1 second.
No problem saving the file and closing it, but when I reopen it an error has raised up :

Warnings:

• C:\Documents and Settings\u050174\Desktop\Animazioni\Voglio svegliare l’aurora\Volto\Volto_Alba05.sifz::733: Layer ‘import’ rejected value for parameter ‘filename’

:question: :question: :question:

Quitting the app, after saving the file:

synfig(5184) [12.43.22] info: …/…/…/src/gtkmm/asyncrenderer.cpp:484 rendering
in the same thread
Quit Request
synfig(5184) [12.43.47] error: KeyframeActionManager::refresh(): Not ready!
synfig(5184) [12.43.47] error: KeyframeActionManager::refresh(): Not ready!
synfig(5184) [12.43.48] error: KeyframeActionManager::refresh(): Not ready!
synfig(5184) [12.43.48] error: KeyframeActionManager::refresh(): Not ready!

it crashes again.

In attach the new .sifz

I’ve generated a .sifz with blurs effects (attached) but I can’t view the text…

Thanx
Blur Effects .jpg
CircleBlurTypes.sifz (1.33 KB)
Volto_Alba05.sifz (63.8 KB)

New atttached file doesn’t crashes to me, even I can zoom in without problems. (Windows XP with Synfig 0.62.00 ST here)
About the text, change the font name and use Arial instead.
Why do you use 1 frame per second frame rate? It would be a very slooow animation! :open_mouth:
-G

Ok, I’ve found; the default font set was not recognized, Times New Roman is ok.

:slight_smile:
CircleBlurTypes.sifz (1.35 KB)
Blur Effects 01.jpg

1 Frame per second?

I’ve tried to “lightning” the file in rendering unless I need to animate the image.

:slight_smile:

It seems to not improve performance…

more RAM :question:
:wink:

It seems that there is a bug in the Fast Gaussian Blur type. If you set the feather parameter of the Fast Gaussian blur a half of the Gaussian blur you get a very similar blur:
CircleBlurTypes2.sifz (1.41 KB)

Thanx a lot!

I’ve re installed Synfig and I’ve catch this :

synfig(3652) [16.49.24] info: …/…/…/src/gtkmm/asyncrenderer.cpp:484 rendering
in the same thread
synfig(3652) [16.49.30] info: …/…/…/src/gtkmm/asyncrenderer.cpp:484 rendering
in the same thread
Quit Request
synfig(3652) [16.49.41] error: KeyframeActionManager::refresh(): Not ready!

(synfigstudio.exe:3652): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_ui_manager_insert_action_group: as
sertion `g_list_find (self->private_data->action_groups, action_group) == NULL’
failed
synfig(3652) [16.49.42] error: KeyframeActionManager::refresh(): Not ready!

:frowning:

Crash.

Bye

To just work with a static image just set the start time and the end time both to zero seconds. Also you can render just current frame by checking “Use current frame”. Changing the length of the animation or reducing the frame rate doesn’t improve the performance. No more ram needed but more CPU speed.
-G

Hi all,

yesterday I’ve copied a layer from a sifz to another and all seems to be ok.

This morning when I try to [size=150]open[/size] it, it popup a warning :

[b]Warnings:

• D:\EBs CD\Synfig\Animazioni\Voglio svegliare l’aurora\ts1_0_0_1_VSA_Alba01_DressedBody.sifz::65535: Layer ‘import’ rejected value for parameter ‘filename’
  • D:\EBs CD\Synfig\Animazioni\Voglio svegliare l’aurora\ts1_0_0_1_VSA_Alba01_DressedBody.sifz::65535: Layer ‘import’ rejected value for parameter ‘filename’[/b]

Closing the message I cant view the canvas window that appear in win7 windows tasks and winbar preview.

See attached image.

Is no so important for me recover the file, I can easly redo it, but I think is an interesting error case.

[Redone in a new file it works…]

Bye

ts1_0_0_1_VSA_Alba01_DressedBody.sifz (178 KB)