Conical Gradient Symmetric

Bonjour à tous et à toutes. J’ai un problème avec le Conical Gradient Symmetric. En effet une ligne traverse le dégradé tout du long. Voici ma version : Synfig Studio 0.62.01 pour Windows XP. Merci pour vos réponses.

Google Traduction : Hello everyone. I have a problem with the Conical Gradient Symmetric. Indeed, a line crosses the gradient throughout. Here’s my version: Synfig Studio 0.62.01 for Windows XP. Thank you for your responses.

Hola a todos. Tengo un problema con la Conical Gradient Symmetric. De hecho, una línea cruza la pendiente todo el tiempo. Aquí está mi versión: Synfig Studio 0.62.01 para Windows XP. Gracias por sus respuestas.

Hi Jean-Pierre,
can you be more precise? Conical gradient looks like it is actually rendered. Perhaps you’re looking for the radial gradient effect?

-G

Boujour Genete (Hi Genete)

Voici ce que j’obtiens lorsque je coche la case « Symmetric ». Une ligne coupe le gradient en deux : est-ce normal ?

Google Traduction : Here’s what I get when I check the box “Symmetric”. A line cut the gradient in two: is this normal ?

Synfig Animation 1.sifz.0000.png

No, absolutely not normal. It is a bug.
It seems to look fine if you make it to be rendered using quality >= 9 which is supposed to be worse than 8 or less.

I’m sorry for the bug. I’ll file it on the bug tracker and try to give a patch as soon as I know what’s the cause.
-G

I remember pointing this out to Dooglus, back in the day. I can’t remember his response though.

Chris

I’ve taken a look to the code and can’t find the reason why the thin line stay there. I have a workaround though.
Gradients can be converted to Repeat Gradient Value Node type. It allows to obtain a correct symmetrical conical gradient.
I hope this helps.
-G
conical-symmetric.sifz (697 Bytes)
conical-symmetric.png

Merci pour vos réponses. Genete, votre astuce est très intéressante. En ce qui concerne le bug, il y a le même problème avec le « Linear Gradient » (Repeat Gradient) lorsque je coche la case « Zig Zag ».

Traduction Google : Thank you for your responses. Genete, your tip is very interesting. Regarding the bug, there is the same problem with the “Linear Gradient” (Repeat Gradient) when I tick the box “Zig Zag”.
Linear gradient.0000.png

Can’t reproduce. Do you have a sample file?
-G

Bonjour Genete

Lorsque j’envoie un fichier sifz un message me dit (When I send a file sifz a message says) :

« The extension tmp is not allowed. Your message contains too few characters. »

Que dois-je faire ? (What should I do?)

This forum permits to attach sifz files. It shouldn’t be a problem. Seems that you have renamed the file with the tmp extension.
Also empty messages are not allowed by default.
-G

Lorsque je sauve mon travail, je le nomme avec l’extension sifz. Mais l’extension TMP se crée automatiquement ! Exemple : je nomme mon fichier « Lineart gradient.sifz ». Je clique sur « Save ». Un panneau me donne ce message :

« Unable to save to ‘C:\Documents and Settings\Propriétaire\Bureau\Nouveau dossier\55555.sifz’ »

Je ferme donc Synfig puis je vais récupérer mon fichier qui s’est bien enregistré mais qui se nomme maintenant : « Lineart gradient.sifz.TMP » ! Comment se fait-il ?

Traduction Google : When I save my work, I called with the extension sifz. But the extension TMP is created automatically! Example: I call my “Lineart gradient.sifz.” I click on “Save.” Panel gives me this message:

Unable to save to ‘C:\Documents and Settings\Propriétaire\Bureau\Nouveau dossier\55555.sifz’

So I close Synfig then I’ll get my file has been saved but now called "Lineart gradient.sifz.TMP! How is it?

Seems that you’re dealing with an old and not solved bug that give problems with non straight ASCII codes in the save path.
Can you change your path to ‘C:\55555.sifz’ and try again?
-G

Je me suis trompé. Lorsque je nomme mon fichier « Linear gradient.sifz » ce message apparaît :

Unable to save to ‘C:\Documents and Settings\Propriétaire\Bureau\Nouveau dossier\Linear gradient.sifz’

Je ne connais rien en informatique. Mais voici ce que j’ai fait : Exécuter ; dans le champ ouvrir j’ai tapé « regedit » ; dans l’éditeur du registre j’ai cliqué sur « synfigstudio » ; puis j’ai cliqué sur « Path » ; dans le panneau « modification de la chaîne » j’ai tapé « 'C:\Linear gradient.sifz » ; enfin sur OK.

J’ai ouvert Synfig et enregistré un nouveau fichier en le nommant « Linear Gradient.sifz ». Mais le problème reste le même. Est-ce bien ce que vous m’aviez demandé de faire ou me suis-je trompé ?

Traduction Google : I was wrong. When I called my file “Linear gradient.sifz” this message appears:

Unable to save to ‘C:\Documents and Settings\Propriétaire\Bureau\Nouveau dossier\Linear gradient.sifz’

I do not know anything about computers. But here’s what I did : Run ; in the open field I typed “regedit” ; in the Registry Editor I clicked on “synfigstudio” ; and then clicked on “Path” ; in the panel “Edit String” I typed “'C: \ Linear gradient.sifz” ; then click OK.

I opened Synfig and saved a new file with name "Linear Gradient.sifz. But the problem remains the same. Is that what you had asked me to do or am I wrong ?

1. Open Synfig Studio
  2. Open the particular file
  3. Go to Toolbox->File->Save As
  4. It will pop up a dialog to select a path for the file to save. Select the shortest writable folder possible (C:/Myfile.sifz) and press Save in the pop up dialog.
    open your file manager in Windows and navigate to the folder where you saved the file. It will be there.
    -G

Merci beaucoup Genete, ça fonctionne très bien. Je peux maintenant envoyer des fichiers sur le Forum. Voici donc un fichier qui pose problème. Lorsque je coche la case « ZigZag » du « Gradient Linear » en « Reapet Gradient » une ligne coupe le dégradé en deux !

Traduction Google : Genete thank you very much, it works very well. I can now send files to the Forum. Here is a file that is problematic. When I tick the box “ZigZag” of the “Linear Gradient” to “Reapet Gradient” a line cut the gradient in two!
Linear-Gradient-ZigZag.sifz (1.15 KB)

Great! another bug! :mrgreen:
Jean-Pierre, thanks for taking your time on report the bug and upload the file. I’ll add a bug tracker to sourceforge. Meanwhile you can replace the bug problem just increasing the repeat gradient quantity.
It is probably related with the other bug.
-G