Compilation error

Genete,

I get the following error on a clean checkout:

Could it be that you forgot to commit some files?

G.

It is weird because Zelgadis has the same problem, and I haven’t. I’ll double check it again.
-G

I have no idea what’s happening. Those are the steps I did to try to reproduce your compile errors:

~/$mkdir test ~/$cd test ~/test/$ ~/test/$ git clone git://synfig.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/synfig ~/test/$ cd synfig ~/test/synfig$ sh build_from_scratch.sh

and this is the script:

build-from-scratch.sh.txt (1.71 KB)

As you can see I’ve disabled cache and also I’ve run the script in normal and debug mode (by commenting the proper lines).
After run the script it compiles and builds without problem.

Any idea on what’s different on my configuration than yours?
Did you run the autoreconf command?

If it still giving compile errors then we must change to named icons: “gtk-zoom-100” etc.
-G

Optional: checkout the previous commit: and check if it builds.
-G

Genete,

On your system, in which file(s) are GTK_STOCK_ZOOM_IN, GTK_STOCK_ZOOM_OUT, GTK_STOCK_ZOOM_FIT, GTK_STOCK_ZOOM_100 declared?

Besides, shouldn’t you be using Gtk::Stock::ZOOM_100, Gtk::Stock::ZOOM_FIT, Gtk::Stock::ZOOM_IN, Gtk::Stock::ZOOM_OUT instead? That is, use the gtkmm stuff instead of the gtk stuff?

G.

They are defined in /urs/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkstock.h

Then I obtain:

zoomdial.cpp: In constructor 'studio::ZoomDial::ZoomDial(Gtk::IconSize&)': zoomdial.cpp:57: error: 'ZOOM_100' is not a member of 'Gtk::Stock'

My problem is that gtkmm defines its own icon stock but I don’t know how to use them:

See:
gtkmm/stock.h

-G

I committed a fix on the master branch that should make it run again.

G.

Thank you very much Gerco. Apart of solving the bug you have teach me something new. :smiley:
-G