Call Center Animation

I got the okay to show this animation I did a while back touting the benefits of an outbound call center. I only had one weekend to script it, animate it and turn it in, so it’s pretty sparse. The opening shot and the text overlays were done in Inkscape, but everything else was Synfig. Edited in the Blender VSE.

youtube.com/watch?v=CxN3HcRZgws

Matt

All that in a weekend??? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
It looks very professional! I love the mixture of outlined character with the outline-less background. They fit perfectly!
-G

Yes, but it was a looooooooong weekend. I was up that Sunday night/Monday morning until about 3am. :open_mouth: There were so many things I didn’t get to do - including shadows under the furniture and any kind of music - because I just ran out of time.

Thanks. For this one I used the show Kim Possible as a sort of loose style guide, though my character and set designs don’t hold a candle to Disney, of course. :wink:

The thing I’m most proud of in this project is the reuse of the “monitor static waves” (or whatever you call them). The big version that you see in the scene cross-fades is the same one you see on the computer monitor. I just imported that file into the main scene and used a distort layer to more or less match it to the perspective of the monitor. That was a real time-saver!

Matt

Matt, your works are really good. Congratulations.

Thanks, Rafael!

Matt

Script, animate and edit a 90 second promo during the weekend? Wow! :open_mouth: You make it sound so easy, lol. Great job, indeed! Very professional and excellent use of Synfig. Backgrounds are very Kim Possible.
D.