Binding the handles to the drawing

Its a little hard to explain but typically when I use Synfig, I draw each part where they are intended to be, in their proper Z-Depth, etc. For example, if drawing a character, I draw his foot where it needs to be, on his leg. I then group each detail to their respective part, like the rubber part of a shoe would go with the cloth part. The issue I have is that the handles for each grouped object show up in the middle of the canvas, rather than near the group. This makes it hard to estimate where the object is rotating or translating due to the large amount of offset. Is there a setting the binds the handles to where the group is rather than in the middle? If not, is there a workaround or an adjustment I need to make in my technique? I’m using Synfig 1.01 on Windows XP. I downloaded it from : synfig.org/cms/en/download Everything else is working fine

Thanks

Hi!
I usually group everything and rotate, translate and stuff using the group transformation widget.
http://wiki.synfig.org/wiki/Group_Transformation_Widget
Greetz!

Hold the Ctrl and drag transformation center to set the Origin independently from the group itself. (at) wiki.synfig.org/wiki/Group_Transformation_Widget

Thanks