Animation Challenge

Hello, hope everything is good.
I just recreate animations from other creator and try to learn from them, but you know most of them (almost everything) is created in After Effects as I do mostly motion graphics or flat style animation.

But rather than comparing After Effects with Synfig and doing animations, I thought it would be rather good to learn from other creator who use Synfig, so that I can better understand how to take full advantage of Synfig Studio.

I have grouped everything properly you may do anything you want, but please keep all the objects on screen (don’t remove anything).

There no reward or anything, but you will learn and practice

Here’s the file to begin: tutoring.sifz (235.0 KB)

Illustration from Freepik . (You may also get the SVG and work with it)

Rules:
Please use all the objects present in scene, don’t change color, don’t delete objects(shapes), you may add shapes to represent motion effects but shouldn’t remain in scene after the motion is completed, I recommend that the whole scene (all the objects present) should be visible at some part of animation

Hope it gives you some joy for animating and learning

No time limit

For inspiration take a look at this.

5 Likes

Nice idea, Veermetri!

And it was good for me to test SVG import XD
A lot of good results, but some minor issues that I didn’t know (some shapes are not closing o.O)

v.1.4.2
Captura de tela de 2021-12-24 13-00-24

Next development version (probably 1.5.2)
Captura de tela de 2021-12-24 13-02-12

Two features are missing here:

• clip-path, that would hide the lower part of the man body.
  • path with holes - Our spline layer/element can’t do it, it should be implemented with two splines with a new/special blend method. :frowning: It affect her glasses and his shirt pocket

It should be implemented with n splines, but we don’t need new blend method.

If you look at how the Inkscape export to .sif works, it creates n shapes, what we can do is group the n layers and set the inner shape/holes to alpha over.

If you take this for example, you would need just 2 layers.
cut

In the below layer we will need n layers.
cut

When you export from Inkscape to .sif, the extension creates all the shapes (the square and circle), and base(square) shape will be at the bottom, we can just group them and set the blend method to alpha over of inner shapes.

Sadly it seems to be more complex than that :frowning:

The new Alpha Intersection blend method will do this, maybe setting the inner shapes to Alpha Intersection will just do the job, and we can keep Outline blend method to Composite.