64-bit 1.4.0 crashes, won't reappear

Hello, all of Synfig. New member here.

I am using a Surface Pro 2017, running Windows 10 Home (64-bit). I was doing an animation on Synfig, when all of a sudden the program crashed. When I tried to reopen it, the window would never appear, even though the program itself is still visible in the taskbar, where the thumbnail preview depicts nothing but white. Restarting the computer did nothing to help matters.

If it means anything, when I checked the Task Manager for something, I noticed that the icon for the program whenever I try to open it is replaced with that of a broken .exe file.

Any help on resolving this problem would be appreciated.

Till then I’ll suggest you to use portable version of synfig 1.3.16 dev version from github. It’s quite stable.

Hi!

Looks like minimization bug. This happens when you minimize the main window and close it with the right mouse button. To fix this, just remove or rename %USERPROFILE%\Synfig\settings-1.4 file.

This will be fixed in 1.4.1 release.

I have downloaded and began use of the portable version, which is working perfectly well so far (I especially love how I can just get it up and running without installation). I have decided to use that for now and later on may return to the installed version come the next update.

Thanks for your help, guys!

1 Like