0.63.05 Rendering Problems

Hi, I’ve been working with Synfig for a little over a month and found its great, but I’ve been running into problems with rendering it. Majority of the time I keep recieving the message “‘ffmpeg’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file”. I have looked at some of the other forums and checked the files to ensure that ffmpeg was in its proper location (which it is) and now I don’t know what else to do. Any help will be appreciated!

Is it in the same folder than the synfig executable file?
-G

Yes, I believe it was supposed to be…

OS(C:) > Program Files (x86) > Synfig > bin

Within that folder ffmpeg is present as an application followed by application extensions with .dll

If you run CMD for a command prompt, navigate to the

C:\Program Files (x86)\Synfig\bin

directory,and type

ffmpeg

do you get the same message, or a screen full of information ending with the usage?

Apologies, but I don’t know what I’m looking at. This is what popped up after I went through the directory and typed ffmpeg.

FFmpeg version SVN-r23008, Copyright © 2000-2010 the FFmpeg developers built on May 2 2010 06:07:24 with gcc 4.4.2
configuration: --enamble-memalign-hack --cross-prefix=i686-mingw32- --cc=ccache-i686-ming32-gcc --arch=i686 --target-os=mingw32 --enable-runtime-cpudetect–enable-avisynth --enable-gpl–enable-version3 --enable-bzlib --enable-libgsm --enable-libfaad --enable-pthreads --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libxvid --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libx264 --enable-libopencore_amrwb --enable-libopencore_amrnb
libavutil 50.15. 0 / 50.15. 0
libavcodec 52.66. 0 / 52.66. 0
libavformat 52.6. 0 / 52.62. 0
livavdevice 52. 2. 0 / 52. 2. 0
livswscale 0.10. 0 / 0.10. 0
Hyper fast Audio and Video encoder
usage: ffmpeg [options] [[infile options] -i infile]… {[outfile options] outfile}…
Use -h to get full help or, even better, run ‘man ffmpeg’

Huh. Well, the good news is that it’s where it should be, and obviously working OK. I don’t know why you’re getting error messages when rendering.
As a workaround, I can only suggest rendering individual frames and then using ffmpeg from the command line to convert them to a movie.

sorry,
Chris

Huh. Well, the good news is that it’s where it should be, and obviously working OK. I don’t know why you’re getting error messages when rendering.
As a workaround, I can only suggest rendering individual frames and then using ffmpeg from the command line to convert them to a movie.

sorry,
Chris

Hi again, out of blind curiosity from my frustration I did a quick animation based off of the tutorial provided and tried rendering it and this is what popped up (same list of names,versions, etc. listed then…)

[image2pipe @ 0160b2a0]MAX_READ_SIZE:5000000 reached

[image2pipe @ 0160b2a0]Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
Input #0, impage2pipe, from ‘pipe:’:
Duration: N/A, bitrate: N/A
stream #0.0: Video: ppm. rgb24, 480x272, 24 fps, 24 tbr, 24 tbn, 24 tbc
Output #0, avi, to (designated save location)
Metadata:
INAM : Synfig Animation 1
ISFT : Lavf52.62.0
Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg4, yuv420p, 480x272, q=2-31, 200 kb/s, 24 tbn, 24tbc
Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
(Progress of Rendering)

P.S.: I also dug up some AVI videos that were successfully rendered. Apologies, but I’ll need time to look between the tutorial and the rendered vids. Oh and yeah I guess ffmpeg does work just don’t know whats causing it to be inoperable with other animations.

This is for anyone that has successfully installed synfig 0.63.05 with no problems with other files, but having trouble rendering.

1. Open a new template and begin the first tutorial provided by synfig.
  2. Once the animations are complete try rendering in any preferred settings and observe the command terminal.
  3. More than likely the command terminal should be showing the progress of the rendering animation.
  4. Open or create your animation (Preferrably open) and begin rendering and it should work.

Hopefully this helps and if any new information is found plz reply. Thank you