updates for some icons

Hi Does anybody know about the original idea of Ease In/Out icon, its dark outline is not like other icons, it is opened .

My proposal in the above post is using closed outline as other icons.

With opened outline, the icons remind me a stream flow.it is a quite nice idea for WayPoint. But there is an exception, the TCB will be a challenge to use this concept. The other types would be easy to adopt it.

I like the new design.

I think that the icons are fine with your latest version. The closed curve for the Ease in/out makes it consistent with the rest. BTW, there is a little filling gap on the lower part of the ease icon.

-G

Ok, thanks for feedback. Let me start to dig the code for those icons live on time line.

fixed now.
I’ve been missing Boolean Operation Tools for 3 years now. :mrgreen:

1, What is it
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroboscope

2, How does it look like
Google Image, Keywords: stroboscope animation

3, the Proposals

What about something like this?
stroboscope.png

nice, more recognizable and the bouncing ball is famous in animation world. Thanks Genete :slight_smile:

i like both of them at full size, but when resized at 16x16 (normal ui size) it’s not so clear
maybe reducing number of petals in jcome propo,
maybe augmenting size of circle in genete (if have tried whitout nicer result)

for memory : another discution about stroboscope icon

strobo:ya:

Bouncing Ball Trial1
layer_other_stroboscope_icon-bouncingball.png

another trial of import image layer
canvas_and_importimage_icons.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-07 at 9.24.39 PM.png

improvements for time track panel and valuenode(link)
time_track_icon6.png
valuenode_icon6.png

The import image layer is my favourite so far! Somehow Synfig and ducks just go together!

update waypoint icons on time track panel by applying tango color palette,
update ease interpolation waypoint icon to have same style with others.
timeslider_waypoint_icons_with_tango_color_palette.jpg

as you can see, the icons are not smooth at all, we have to wait till one day all widgets of synfig studio be ported to cairo engine.

Your drawings have a unique style which I think is very attractive. I particularly liked the image you used to use as an avatar with the texture on the hat. I’d love to see a whole cartoon animated by you one day.

I’ve reworked the timetrack waipoints to be rendered using Cairo.
Time to apply the patch of the new Tango colors and closed stroke.
-G

Hi,

This morning I sit down and play with the new version of Synfig Studio and based the inputs from artists and developers, I updated the icons related to cellophane concept, see the result as attached.

As discussed, Started designing new icons for bone system, but can not get the idea behind “Bone Recursive Scale Mode” and “Next Bone Handles”:roll:

Anyway, below is an idea for bone setup mode icon
bone_setup_icon.png

Bone Recursive Scale Mode implies that when you scale a bone, all the chain of child bones are scaled in that direction too, recursively. In Normal mode, the scale (aligned with the bone or perpendicular to the bone) only affects to what is bound to that bone.

Next Bone Handles means that every time the action is requested, the mode changes between:
Normal->Setup->Recursive->Normal etc.

Anyway, I would not spend much time doing icons for something that could change in a short time.

-G

thanks Genete and agreed with your words about “would not spend much time doing icons for something that could change in a short time.”

Idea for the new frame by frame (bitmap) animation feature which has been implementing recently, It uses three sheets to demonstrate multiple images being imported/used in this “new” layer.

images.png

And the Canvas Panel and Import Image Layer icons are still using same designs as before:
canvas.png importimage.png

Also there is a new icon I tried to introduce a new icon for shape meta-layer
shape.png