Terminology rewrite sprint

(1) : “howto manage in a community way the process of updating with new terminology the translated page”
— a ) in this direction i have created the termonology , termonology/fr … pages.
— b ) i am in contact with elisa @ fr.flossmanual to thinking about something (when more precise infos i will share)

(2) kind of recursive todo — i love the easter eggs concept… :wink:

see(:ya!

In fact, I am seriously thinking of migration from mediawiki to booktype - sourcefabric.org/en/booktype/ ^___^

My suggestion is to remove those two last entries, since I’m considering our terminology rewrite initiative is over. The rest is on care of translators and it could span to endless process - we never can tell when those tasks could be marked as “done”.

So when will we have info about all the layers in the wiki?

are you joking ? … cause i like jokes.

Dear John Smith:
We, the development team, are aware about most of the complains that you are raising continuously on this board. We are used to see how people ask for new features or show up missing parts of the wiki. We can understand that, for the very first time, a new user comments the defects as first step to help us.
But what we can’t understand is that after one year of membership and 118 posts on the board, we haven’t seen any helping action from your side. See some examples of your posts:

John, this is annoying. Stop asking and start doing!

-G

Its not like I am doing anything right?

No project to make ponies animatable in Synfig.
Not to mention the fact that it cost me a lot of money.

All I asked was to give basic information about what the all the layers do.Suggesting Kickstarter/Indiegogo wasn’t a bad idea was it?
I think it is necessary that there be a short description of each layer and parameter. There was a reason Nina Paley had problems with Synfig morevnaproject.org/2013/05/08/lg … #more-1996

I am on a tight budget right now.

Nop please, about 20pages are missing from screenshot… if this can encourage some valorous contributor…

Note : bigup & welcome to Saorsa user on the wiki …more than 10 000 bytes moved in less than 24hours !!

Ah, yes, sorry - I was meaning the text part. :slight_smile: The screenshot part is very important for sure! Thank you!

Awesome!

Thanks, merci, mais j’sais pas si c’est du bon français!

While going through the manual found there were still the term ducks being used in Artwork Construction Spine Tool.

Thanks for the report, fixed now.
wiki.synfig.org/wiki/Spline_Tool#Usage

And I decided to start to update Chinese documents now, the first task is to go through all translated pages and update them with new terminology, after that I will see if I still have motivation to translate the rest pages which not available in Chinese.

Whooo… great initiative … that few people can achieve but certainly helpful for a lot !

wiki.synfig.org/wiki/Dev:Types

shall we update this page accordingly ? (I know it is for developers mainly)

An additional question, what is Matrix type, is it a new ValueNode type in being developed recently?(sorry for mixed two different topics)

Matrix type is only used internally for bones. Not exposed directly to user, so it shouldn’t be there.
I guess it won’t hurt to use the terminology correctly in that page too.
-G

Get it and the page is updated with new terminology.

Hi d.j.a.y

Would you please point out what is the theme and DE/WM you used for documentation screenshot? I need that for some chinese of screenshots for localization. I am sorry if you had posted in some where and just take your time to let me know.

Thanks in advance

jcome

Jcome,
others,
hello,

xfce b 4.10[/b] on “Greybird” theme/style + “elementary Xfce dark” icons url=https://forums.synfig.org/t/trying-to-build/139/1[/url], but also We have a definition for that already in the “Writer Documentation url=https://forums.synfig.org/t/missing-render-option-fixed/128/1[/url] …

screen(:ya!

Thanks for your share, it’s very good

Hello dear rewriters and screenshooters…

Warning, there is only 15 pages left for the Screenshot update sprint take end …
wiki.synfig.org/wiki/Dev:Sprints … ots_Update
hurry up and choose your :wink:

screen(:ya!