Suggested process for finding solutions to errors?

I have been unable to create a movie, dispite several hours of effort trying to make it work. My efforts to find solutions to the errors on the forum have been furstrated by my inability to search for the proper terms. I often get the message from the search feature, that the term I am searching for is too common. So, either there is a very large number of people with the same problem, or I am not properly selecting the error terminoloyg.

In the DOS window, what part of the error message should I search? E.g. Here is one of the last errors when I start-up Synfig.

code: GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property gtkmm_
_CustomObject_N6studio22CellRenderer_TimeTrackE::enable-timing-info after class
was initialised[/code]
I searched for “GLib-GObject-WARNING” but apparently that is a very common term. What part of the error message should I use for a search?

-Joe

Can you be more specific? Which steps did you do to do so?
(what’s your operating system and Synfig Studio version, etc.)

Initially, none, unless you know how to fix it, if it is part of the cause of the problem. In general, if possible it would be good to have a copy of all the output of that console, because some messages could give us a clue of what’s not going well.

In any case, export the animation to png sequence must work. Later you can compose them to a movie in a video editor. Yes, we know it is pretty lame but windows version has always troubles to use third parties libraries, what would deliver you the wanted one-step movie export feature.
-G

Thank you for the reply. Things are working for me now, when I export the frames as separate files, rather than directly to a movie. I was helped by hulf2012 in the Laser Simulation thread I had started. Simulating a laser show?

I am on version 0.64.1 Win64. Here is the full content of the DOS window after starting Synfig up;

synfig studio -- starting up application...

synfig(2676) [8:31:36 AM] info: Loading modules from C:\Program Files\Synfig\etc
\synfig_modules.cfg
synfig(2676) [8:31:37 AM] info: Loading plugins from C:\Program Files\Synfig\sha
re\synfig\plugins
synfig(2676) [8:31:37 AM] info:    Loading plugin: add-skeleton-simple
synfig(2676) [8:31:37 AM] info:    Loading plugin: view-unhide-all-layers
synfig(2676) [8:31:37 AM] info: Loading plugins from C:\Users\JD\Synfig\plugins

(synfigstudio.exe:2676): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: attempting to add an interface
 (GtkTreeModel) to class (gtkmm__CustomObject_KeyframeTreeStore) after class_ini
t

(synfigstudio.exe:2676): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: attempting to add an interface
 (GtkTreeDragSource) to class (gtkmm__CustomObject_KeyframeTreeStore) after clas
s_init

(GtkTreeDragDest) to class (gtkmm__CustomObject_KeyframeTreeStore) after class_
init

(synfigstudio.exe:2676): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property gtkmm_
_CustomObject_N6studio17CellRenderer_TimeE::time after class was initialised

(synfigstudio.exe:2676): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property gtkmm_
_CustomObject_N6studio17CellRenderer_TimeE::fps after class was initialised

_CustomObject_N6studio22CellRenderer_ValueBaseE::value after class was initialis
ed

_CustomObject_N6studio22CellRenderer_ValueBaseE::canvas after class was initiali
sed

_CustomObject_N6studio22CellRenderer_ValueBaseE::param-desc after class was init
ialised

_CustomObject_N6studio22CellRenderer_ValueBaseE::value-desc after class was init
ialised

_CustomObject_N6studio22CellRenderer_ValueBaseE::child-param-desc after class wa
s initialised

_CustomObject_N6studio15ValueBase_EntryE::editing-canceled after class was initi
alised

(GtkCellEditable) to class (gtkmm__CustomObject_N6studio15ValueBase_EntryE) aft
er class_init

_CustomObject_N6studio22CellRenderer_TimeTrackE::value-desc after class was init
ialised

_CustomObject_N6studio22CellRenderer_TimeTrackE::canvas after class was initiali
sed

_CustomObject_N6studio22CellRenderer_TimeTrackE::adjustment after class was init
ialised

_CustomObject_N6studio22CellRenderer_TimeTrackE::enable-timing-info after class
was initialised

-Joe