StickFig: a plugin to create stickman like templates.

No time here to test, but with an eye on the thread. :mrgreen:
-G

I made some tests and I created a boned arm with fixed bone length and not. Check the file. I think this can be tested and with 0.63.05 version too.
What I tried to do was to get an offset for the curve wrap so the arm will rotate around the shoulder. The limitations that I found out are that If you use the curve wrap your drawing and bones must be in line with the curve wrap start_point and end_point.
I think that it is a very good alternative to use as we wait synfig’s bone system.
I have to fix the original stickfig plugin and then create another plugin to create templates for “wrapped sticked characters”.
boned_arm.zip (8.15 KB)

Just found out where I was wrong in the script. Now everything runs ok. At least with my tests.
Keep in mind that in reality this is forward kinematic.

boned_arm.zip / fixxxxed lenght screen shot

it work well …
even if my screenshot show that a little bug at upper joint of elbow can appear playing with hand_pt_1_t

see(:ya!

The hand_pt_4_t and _r are exported parameters from a previous tests.
The elbow problem is from the curve wrap layer it’s how it works.

Hi,
Boned_arm works in windows version 0.63.05. including the distortion caused by the curve wrap on the elbow, but the original stickman also had gaps you had to fix so you can work around that.
Greetz!

OMG, haramanai, I just can’t find words for the work you did! O_O
Bravo! :slight_smile:

Plugin raises an error :frowning:
Synfig Revision: 20130420
plugin_error.png

Thanks Zelgadis. Your approval is highly appreciated.

zmeyk I will need some more information. Do you have installed python 3.0? Is the stickfig_name layer in the root of the layers? Do you have the problem also with the example file?

I suppose yes:

[root@lenovo-lin ~]# LANG=C apt-get install python3 Reading Package Lists... Done Building Dependency Tree... Done python3 is already the newest version. 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 removed and 0 not upgraded.
Maybe some libs needs?

This problem in any case with example file too.

zmeyk:
What is your default python version? maybe it’s not 3.0?

$ python --version

That’s it!

[root@lenovo-lin ~]# python --version Python 2.6.6 [root@lenovo-lin ~]# python3 --version Python 3.2.2 [root@lenovo-lin ~]# which python /usr/bin/python [root@lenovo-lin ~]# which python3 /usr/bin/python3
And what to do now?

This is going to be a problem. Looks like synfig is just calling python for the the plugins. There must be a way to check if python is in version 3 and if not check for python3 if not raise an error to install python3.

I was using too python 2.7.3. cause is the default python in ubuntu 12.04
Didn’t know that and I don’t know if the script is compatible with python 3

By the way.
I replaced the .iter method with .findall and now it must be compatible with python 2.6 too. But stickfig_layer must be in the root.
Download again pls. As I cannot check if this is compatible for python 2.6 or 3

But Synfig must check of the python version it uses.

Oh! Now it works!

Yes Synfig calls “python” binary without checking the version.

That raises another question: Which version of python should we stick with?

In fact, the scripts provided by me are compatible with python 2 and python 3 both. I don’t know if that’s ok to keep that strategy or maybe we better force particular version of python? :slight_smile:

Resolved: synfig.org/issues/thebuggeni … issues/417

The final version 0.64.0 will require Python 3. Suitable binary (python or python3) is detected automaticaly at runtime.

Why don’t you embed python? That way, you can eliminate so many potential headaches that it’s worth the initial effort. Most Windows users don’t have Python installed in the first place and with Linux situation is even worse since they might have 2.6 or 2.7, while 3.3 might not be available in repositories.

Python WILL BE bundled with Windows version.
As far as I know, all actively mainatained linux distributions have python3 in their repos and its possible to have them in parallel with regular puthon 2.x installation. Synfig is smart enough to choose the proper version.

Will it? Ack - something else to add to the list. Is it needed at compile time?

Chris

Hi! Yes, please take a look here - Linux binaries for 0.64.0 (candidate #3) - #35 by KonstantinDmitriev