Start-up fails on my new Linux Mint 12 install

Hi folks,

I just did a fresh install of Linux Mint 12 and then used this script to set it up for digital art work:

nathanielschultz.blogspot.com/20 … cript.html

Everything implemented by that script seems to be working fine. All I needed to do was install my two favorite animation tools, Pencil and Synfig. I first installed the Morevna packages for each. Pencil seems to be working fine but the Synfig install failed to start up. So I uninstalled that one and grabbed the latest offical release for my 64-bit system (synfigstudio_0.63.04_amd64.deb). That one is also failing to start up, so I started it from the command line and here’s what I have:

[code]$ synfigstudio

synfig studio – starting up application…

synfig(9663) [07:01:10 PM] info: Loading modules from /opt/synfig/etc/synfig_modules.cfg

GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: Object class gtkmm__CustomObject_N6studio15ValueBase_EntryE doesn’t implement property ‘editing-canceled’ from interface ‘GtkCellEditable’
GLib (gthread-posix.c): Unexpected error from C library during ‘Invalid argument’: pthread_cond_timedwait. Aborting.
Aborted
[/code]

Not sure if there’s something in the afore-mentioned script that did something Synfig doesn’t like, but any help would be appreciated. If I can get this licked without damaging any of the other art packages, I’ll have the best set-up I’ve ever had for doing art and animation! :smiley:

Thanks,

Matt

I just saw that my problem is the same as this post with a similar - but not identical - error message:

The other big difference is that the other post deals with Mac OSX Lion.

Matt

I have Linux Mint 12 as main operating system and I don’t have any problem with the oficial packages. I’ve tested them on each release.
Any idea to help you?
-G

Maybe there is some conflicts with the pthread libraries. I don’t have any trouble with them.

This message is normal and happens in all the platforms.
-G

I’ll take a look at what changes the art package install script makes and see if I can track it down. Thanks, Genete!

Matt