Sound Layer doesn't work properly :( [or FFMPEG?]

I’m trying to use the Sound Layer with an MP3, but it doesn’t work properly (at least, with that MP3 file). Context:

• I am using Synfig Studio 1.0.2 on Windows 7.
  • I import the sound using File > Import…
  • The corresponding Sound Layer is created, with Delay = 0 & Volume = 1.
  • Moving the MP3 file to C:\ doesn’t change anything.

What happens:

• The sound isn’t played when playing the animation in the canvas (well, not exactly: it’s played JUST ONCE… not exactly either: if the animation reaches the end, I can play the sound again only if I jump explicitly to 0f, not if I simply click Play —the animation then is played without sound—).
  • The animation is played OK, with sound, in the Preview Window. As many times as I want. Simply using its Play button.
  • When rendering to an FLV file, the resulting FLV can be played… but without sound. I need that FLV to be OK!

The MP3 file is a 5.5-second fragment, faded in and out, extracted with Audacity from a song downloaded from Jamendo. Using this original MP3, playing the animation in the canvas works OK (with sound), but the rendering to an FLV file is still soundless. :frowning:

Is FFMPEG or is Synfig Studio who is failing? VLC media player thinks there’s no audio track at all!

Any help?

Well, the FFMPEG seems to work fine. I have tried this:

/cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/Synfig/bin/ffmpeg.exe -i SoundlessFileRenderedBySynfig.flv -i AudioITryToAdd.mp3 -codec copy -shortest output.flv

And I have got in output.flv the animation with sound that I expected.

So it seems is Synfig Studio who is misbehaving!

Sound support in current renderer is not implemented (yet).

Are you sure?

I mean, does the sound support announced in http://www.synfig.org/1.0/overview/ via Sound Layer simply imply that you can see how the sound would fit in your animation but you still can’t produce the animation including it? I didn’t understand the bigram “good start” in the video that way! :frowning:

OTOH, there are issues in just playing some MP3 Sound Layers from the canvas. Should I open an issue in the corresponding tracker?

Oops, I see… [url]Rendering Sound]. :frowning:

Thanks for the info.

i have updated the wiki accordingly with links for merging sound and video.
wiki.synfig.org/Sound_Layer

Quite appropriate, d.j.a.y, thanks!