"Reach the Moon" animation contest

One cookie of the progress…
youtu.be/KE1Dsk8FqEE
-G

Hello!
Deadline is coming closer on this competition, it’s just a few days left intil sunday evening.

So far there have been little activity here with just a few ones declaring their intention to participate.
Are you all holding your submissions until deadline?

Thank’s!
-David

Oh man!
My animation progress is about 25% o total. I don’t believe I can submit something usable! :frowning:
Anyway I’ll post here the scenes done and the working material.
-G

My humble entry

youtube.com/watch?v=gK6Ikg_4_yw
(please click the 480 version, the quality is much better than the default)

Dedicated to the synfig team, thanks for all your hard work guys, especially Genete, who helped me a lot.

Carbonphobia, great entry!
Thanks for the dedication!!! :blush: :blush:
-G

Hello,

This is my entry:

http://youtu.be/T72_vbO-mPw

I couldn’t complete it though. But it has been a great exercise!

Thanks Genete for the help with the walk, I get a much better understanding of the time-loop layer.

Cheers,
Manuel

I love this entry because it tells a charming story. Well done mospina!

Hello,
Here is my entry https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzP3O3afEG04cmlvUERUSFFRYUdzYm4tQzF5OXpiUQ
The end is a bit rushed because I was short of time - and there is sound only at the end.
I forgot to write that the song was by Frank Sinatra.
I will add the .sifz files tomorrow
:smiley: thank you for comments :smiley:

Beautiful - I love the softness and the shadows. Really captures the feel of night-time.

Thank you all participants!
The contest is now closed and over.

Your submissions was all very interesting!
We will be soon name a winner (soon as in the next couple of days).

Again, thank you!

Great entry mad0! Lovely character!
-G

The jury is now having an exciting discussion on your animations. You’re all very close so any of you can be a winner at this point.
We would like to see your source files to better scrutinize. Can you post them here?, or if you don’t like to share them publicly, mail them to me at rylleman[at]gmail[dot]com.

Thank’s!

Mado’s isn’t viewable to me.

Follow the link and then download it from Google Docs using the File -> Download option (the menu in the browser window beneath the flyme.flv filename).

Très joli, mad0

Hello,
here are the files.
Thank you DaveJ and genete, and good work, carbonphobia and mospina :smiley:
michael, maybe you can’t see the video because it’s a flv file ? I uploaded here an ogg format: http://skias.free.fr/images/flyme.ogg
Thank you Rylleman for the contest, I should have started earlier, I would have had the time to finish the animation! :wink:
sources.zip (852 KB)

source files…
The new advanced outlines work great for speed lines (with randomized stripes)
Synfig Animation 2.sifz (23.4 KB)
camera-1024x576-30fps.sifz (101 KB)

With the jurys motivation:

we say congratulations to [size=150]mad0[/size]!

Congratulations also to carbonphobia and mospina, your entries was also very good!
Here is the jurys words on your animations:

mad0, can you mail me your postal address for your copy of The animators survival kit? If you already have this let me know and we’ll figure something else out. (mail to rylleman[at]gmail.com)

Congratulations mad0!
-G

Well done Mado