Install Synfig on Mac using macport

Thanks Genete! :smiley:

I’ve downloaded the files from the website links (sourceforge automatic links), placed the uncompressed files in a separated folder and have run this script to make and install in a local place. I didn’t want to install it wide system but I’m sure that replacing ‘make install’ with ‘sudo make install’, will work.

I don’t know what else to test. Looks like the tar balls are fine.

-G

[code]#!/bin/sh
CPUS=4
prefix=$(pwd)/install
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$prefix/lib/pkgconfig"
export PATH=$(pwd)/synfig-core/src/tool/.libs:$PATH
export CXX="/usr/bin/ccache /usr/bin/g++"

cd ETL-0.04.14 &&
./configure --prefix $prefix &&
make install &&

cd …/synfig-0.63.02 &&
make -j $CPUS install &&

cd …/synfigstudio-0.63.02 &&
make -j $CPUS install[/code]

hmm…still not working, I get the same checksum error and macport will not install!
I will try to manually build it via git, thanks for the help!

cheers!

Well I managed to build it on my own, and today I tried to build it with macport and it worked as well!!! I guess the port file is updated.
Conclusion, it is possible to build the latest stable release of Synfig , 0.63.02 with macport. :smiley:

So it was a wrongly ‘mackported’ tarballs right?

-G

I guess so, yes, well I’m glad it’s working again.

Hi!
I try to install the latest stable version with macport (because I have a lot of software installed with ii) but it fails.
:cry:
I was so happy to use your software…

Following you can find my shell commands, after hours of compiling dependences.
…the last (and most important piece of software, fail).

Please, is there anybody?
Thanks very very very very … much!!!
Ciao!

sudo port install synfigstudio ---> Computing dependencies for synfigstudio ---> Dependencies to be installed: synfig ---> Building synfig Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command failed (see log for details) Error: Failed to install synfig Log for synfig is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/main.log Error: The following dependencies were not installed: synfig Error: Status 1 encountered during processing. To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

I think you’ll need to post the contents of the more detailed error log file the report mentions:

/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/main.log

Thanks TDY !
Here is the log
I hope you can find a solution

version:1
:debug:main changing euid/egid - current euid: 0 - current egid: 0
:debug:main egid changed to: 501
:debug:main euid changed to: 502
:debug:main Executing org.macports.main (synfig)
:debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root.
:debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.archivefetch (synfig)
:debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.fetch (synfig)
:debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.checksum (synfig)
:debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.extract (synfig)
:debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.patch (synfig)
:debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.configure (synfig)
:debug:build build phase started at Wed Dec 28 09:48:35 CET 2011
:notice:build --->  Building synfig
:debug:build Executing org.macports.build (synfig)
:debug:build Environment: CPATH='/opt/local/include' CC_PRINT_OPTIONS_FILE='/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/.CC_PRINT_OPTIONS' LIBRARY_PATH='/opt/local/lib' CC_PRINT_OPTIONS='YES' MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET='10.7'
:debug:build Assembled command: 'cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03" && /usr/bin/make -j2 -w all'
:debug:build Executing command line:  cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03" && /usr/bin/make -j2 -w all 
:info:build make: Entering directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03'
:info:build /usr/bin/make  all-recursive
:info:build make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03'
:info:build Making all in libltdl
:info:build make[2]: Entering directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03/libltdl'
:info:build /usr/bin/make  all-am
:info:build make[3]: Entering directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03/libltdl'
:info:build make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
:info:build make[3]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03/libltdl'
:info:build make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03/libltdl'
:info:build Making all in build_tools
:info:build make[2]: Entering directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03/build_tools'
:info:build sh ./autorevision.sh ".." ".."
:info:build make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03/build_tools'
:info:build Making all in src
:info:build make[2]: Entering directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03/src'
:info:build Making all in synfig
:info:build make[3]: Entering directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03/src/synfig'
:info:build /bin/sh ../../libtool  --tag=CXX   --mode=compile /Developer/usr/bin/clang++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I../.. -I../../src   -I/opt/local/include -D_REENTRANT -I/opt/local/include/libxml++-2.6 -I/opt/local/lib/libxml++-2.6/include -I/opt/local/include/libxml2 -I/opt/local/include/glibmm-2.4 -I/opt/local/lib/glibmm-2.4/include -I/opt/local/include/sigc++-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/sigc++-2.0/include -I/opt/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include/sigc++-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/sigc++-2.0/include -DSYNFIG_NO_DEPRECATED -DLOCALEDIR=\"/opt/local/share/locale\" -DLIBDIR="\"/opt/local/lib\"" -DSYSCONFDIR="\"/opt/local/etc\"" -pipe  -arch x86_64 -DNDEBUG -O2 -W -Wall -MT libsynfig_la-value.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libsynfig_la-value.Tpo -c -o libsynfig_la-value.lo `test -f 'value.cpp' || echo './'`value.cpp
:info:build /bin/sh ../../libtool  --tag=CXX   --mode=compile /Developer/usr/bin/clang++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I../.. -I../../src   -I/opt/local/include -D_REENTRANT -I/opt/local/include/libxml++-2.6 -I/opt/local/lib/libxml++-2.6/include -I/opt/local/include/libxml2 -I/opt/local/include/glibmm-2.4 -I/opt/local/lib/glibmm-2.4/include -I/opt/local/include/sigc++-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/sigc++-2.0/include -I/opt/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include/sigc++-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/sigc++-2.0/include -DSYNFIG_NO_DEPRECATED -DLOCALEDIR=\"/opt/local/share/locale\" -DLIBDIR="\"/opt/local/lib\"" -DSYSCONFDIR="\"/opt/local/etc\"" -pipe  -arch x86_64 -DNDEBUG -O2 -W -Wall -MT libsynfig_la-layer_bitmap.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libsynfig_la-layer_bitmap.Tpo -c -o libsynfig_la-layer_bitmap.lo `test -f 'layer_bitmap.cpp' || echo './'`layer_bitmap.cpp
:info:build libtool: compile:  /Developer/usr/bin/clang++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../.. -I../../src -I/opt/local/include -D_REENTRANT -I/opt/local/include/libxml++-2.6 -I/opt/local/lib/libxml++-2.6/include -I/opt/local/include/libxml2 -I/opt/local/include/glibmm-2.4 -I/opt/local/lib/glibmm-2.4/include -I/opt/local/include/sigc++-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/sigc++-2.0/include -I/opt/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include/sigc++-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/sigc++-2.0/include -DSYNFIG_NO_DEPRECATED -DLOCALEDIR=\"/opt/local/share/locale\" -DLIBDIR=\"/opt/local/lib\" -DSYSCONFDIR=\"/opt/local/etc\" -pipe -arch x86_64 -DNDEBUG -O2 -W -Wall -MT libsynfig_la-value.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libsynfig_la-value.Tpo -c value.cpp  -fno-common -DPIC -o .libs/libsynfig_la-value.o
:info:build libtool: compile:  /Developer/usr/bin/clang++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../.. -I../../src -I/opt/local/include -D_REENTRANT -I/opt/local/include/libxml++-2.6 -I/opt/local/lib/libxml++-2.6/include -I/opt/local/include/libxml2 -I/opt/local/include/glibmm-2.4 -I/opt/local/lib/glibmm-2.4/include -I/opt/local/include/sigc++-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/sigc++-2.0/include -I/opt/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include/sigc++-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/sigc++-2.0/include -DSYNFIG_NO_DEPRECATED -DLOCALEDIR=\"/opt/local/share/locale\" -DLIBDIR=\"/opt/local/lib\" -DSYSCONFDIR=\"/opt/local/etc\" -pipe -arch x86_64 -DNDEBUG -O2 -W -Wall -MT libsynfig_la-layer_bitmap.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libsynfig_la-layer_bitmap.Tpo -c layer_bitmap.cpp  -fno-common -DPIC -o .libs/libsynfig_la-layer_bitmap.o
:info:build In file included from value.cpp:34:
:info:build In file included from ./value.h:33:
:info:build In file included from ./segment.h:30:
:info:build In file included from ./vector.h:204:
:info:build In file included from /opt/local/include/ETL/bezier:32:
:info:build /opt/local/include/ETL/_bezier.h:138:63: warning: unused parameter 'x' [-Wunused-parameter]
:info:build         bool intersect_hull(const bezier_base<value_type,time_type> &x)const
:info:build                                                                      ^
:info:build /opt/local/include/ETL/_bezier.h:164:63: warning: unused parameter 'x' [-Wunused-parameter]
:info:build         time_type intersect(const bezier_base<value_type,time_type> &x, time_type near=0.0)const
:info:build                                                                      ^
:info:build /opt/local/include/ETL/_bezier.h:164:76: warning: unused parameter 'near' [-Wunused-parameter]
:info:build         time_type intersect(const bezier_base<value_type,time_type> &x, time_type near=0.0)const
:info:build                                                                                   ^
:info:build In file included from value.cpp:34:
:info:build ./value.h:63:1: warning: class 'Segment' was previously declared as a struct [-Wmismatched-tags]
:info:build class Segment;
:info:build ^
:info:build ./segment.h:43:8: note: previous use is here
:info:build struct Segment
:info:build        ^
:info:build ./value.h:63:1: note: did you mean struct here?
:info:build ^~~~~
:info:build struct
:info:build In file included from layer_bitmap.cpp:32:
:info:build In file included from ./layer_bitmap.h:30:
:info:build In file included from ./layer_composite.h:32:
:info:build ./color.h:782:4: warning: expression result unused [-Wunused-value]
:info:build                         *out++/*=(unsigned char)(color.GetZ()*255.0f)*/;
:info:build                         ^~~~~~
:info:build ./color.h:791:4: warning: expression result unused [-Wunused-value]
:info:build                         *out++/*=(unsigned char)(color.GetZ()*255.0f)*/;
:info:build In file included from ./layer_bitmap.h:31:
:info:build In file included from ./surface.h:31:
:info:build In file included from ./renddesc.h:32:
:info:build In file included from ./vector.h:204:
:info:build In file included from /opt/local/include/ETL/bezier:32:
:info:build /opt/local/include/ETL/_bezier.h:138:63: warning: unused parameter 'x' [-Wunused-parameter]
:info:build         bool intersect_hull(const bezier_base<value_type,time_type> &x)const
:info:build /opt/local/include/ETL/_bezier.h:164:63: warning: unused parameter 'x' [-Wunused-parameter]
:info:build /opt/local/include/ETL/_bezier.h:164:76: warning: unused parameter 'near' [-Wunused-parameter]
:info:build                                                                                   ^
:info:build In file included from value.cpp:37:
:info:build In file included from ./canvas.h:40:
:info:build In file included from ./valuenode.h:43:
:info:build In file included from ./paramdesc.h:32:
:info:build ./color.h:782:4: warning: expression result unused [-Wunused-value]
:info:build ./color.h:791:4: warning: expression result unused [-Wunused-value]
:info:build ./valuenode.h:398:9: warning: 'synfig::LinkableValueNode::get_description' hides overloaded virtual function [-Woverloaded-virtual]
:info:build         String get_description(int index = -1, bool show_exported_name = true)const;
:info:build                ^
:info:build ./valuenode.h:212:17: note: hidden overloaded virtual function 'synfig::ValueNode::get_description' declared here
:info:build         virtual String get_description(bool show_exported_name = true)const;
:info:build                        ^
:info:build ./canvas.h:144:22: error: no function named 'optimize_layers' with type 'void (synfig::Time, synfig::Context, Canvas::Handle, bool)' was found in the specified scope
:info:build         friend void synfig::optimize_layers(Time, Context, Canvas::Handle, bool seen_motion_blur);
:info:build                             ^
:info:build 7 warnings and 1 error generated.
:info:build make[3]: *** [libsynfig_la-value.lo] Error 1
:info:build make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
:info:build ./layer_bitmap.h:61:15: warning: 'synfig::Layer_Bitmap::set_param' hides overloaded virtual function [-Woverloaded-virtual]
:info:build         virtual bool set_param(const String & param, ValueBase value);
:info:build                      ^
:info:build ./layer_composite.h:84:15: note: hidden overloaded virtual function 'synfig::Layer_Composite::set_param' declared here
:info:build         virtual bool set_param(const String &param, const ValueBase &value);
:info:build                      ^
:info:build In file included from layer_bitmap.cpp:43:
:info:build In file included from ./target.h:39:
:info:build In file included from ./valuenode.h:33:
:info:build ./value.h:63:1: warning: class 'Segment' was previously declared as a struct [-Wmismatched-tags]
:info:build ./segment.h:43:8: note: previous use is here
:info:build struct Segment
:info:build ./value.h:63:1: note: did you mean struct here?
:info:build ./valuenode.h:398:9: warning: 'synfig::LinkableValueNode::get_description' hides overloaded virtual function [-Woverloaded-virtual]
:info:build         String get_description(int index = -1, bool show_exported_name = true)const;
:info:build                ^
:info:build ./valuenode.h:212:17: note: hidden overloaded virtual function 'synfig::ValueNode::get_description' declared here
:info:build         virtual String get_description(bool show_exported_name = true)const;
:info:build                        ^
:info:build ./canvas.h:144:22: error: no function named 'optimize_layers' with type 'void (synfig::Time, synfig::Context, Canvas::Handle, bool)' was found in the specified scope
:info:build         friend void synfig::optimize_layers(Time, Context, Canvas::Handle, bool seen_motion_blur);
:info:build                             ^
:info:build ./target.h:80:1: warning: class 'TargetParam' was previously declared as a struct [-Wmismatched-tags]
:info:build class TargetParam;
:info:build ./targetparam.h:34:8: note: previous use is here
:info:build struct TargetParam
:info:build ./target.h:80:1: note: did you mean struct here?
:info:build class TargetParam;
:info:build 9 warnings and 1 error generated.
:info:build make[3]: *** [libsynfig_la-layer_bitmap.lo] Error 1
:info:build make[3]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03/src/synfig'
:info:build make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
:info:build make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03/src'
:info:build make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
:info:build make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03'
:info:build make: *** [all] Error 2
:info:build make: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03'
:info:build shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03" && /usr/bin/make -j2 -w all " returned error 2
:error:build Target org.macports.build returned: shell command failed (see log for details)
:debug:build Backtrace: shell command failed (see log for details)
    while executing
"command_exec build"
    (procedure "portbuild::build_main" line 8)
    invoked from within
"$procedure $targetname"
:info:build Warning: the following items did not execute (for synfig): org.macports.activate org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
:error:build Failed to install synfig
:debug:build couldn't open "/System/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.5/Resources/tclIndex": no such file or directory
    while executing
"open [file join $dir tclIndex]"
:notice:build Log for synfig is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/main.log

I’m not sure but maybe this patch can work:
On canvas.h move the lines 618 to 621 (both included) to be above the line 123 on the same file.
Maybe the compiler needs that definition to be there before it is referenced.
Good luck.
-G

Note: I guess that canvas.h is at:
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03/src/synfig/canvas.h

Thanks Genete, thanks a lot for your quick reply.
I try your fix but nothing :cry:
Have you got another one to try? …please, tell me yes.

Here is the shell notification:

sudo port install synfigstudio---> Computing dependencies for synfigstudio---> Dependencies to be installed: synfig---> Building synfig Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command failed (see log for details) Error: Failed to install synfig Log for synfig is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/main.log Error: The following dependencies were not installed: synfig Error: Status 1 encountered during processing. To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

And here is the new log:

version:1 :debug:main changing euid/egid - current euid: 0 - current egid: 0 :debug:main egid changed to: 501 :debug:main euid changed to: 502 :debug:main Executing org.macports.main (synfig) :debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root. :debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.archivefetch (synfig) :debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root. :debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.fetch (synfig) :debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root. :debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.checksum (synfig) :debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root. :debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.extract (synfig) :debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root. :debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.patch (synfig) :debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root. :debug:main Skipping completed org.macports.configure (synfig) :debug:main Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root. :debug:build build phase started at Wed Dec 28 15:13:16 CET 2011 :notice:build ---> Building synfig :debug:build Executing org.macports.build (synfig) :debug:build Environment: CPATH='/opt/local/include' CC_PRINT_OPTIONS_FILE='/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/.CC_PRINT_OPTIONS' LIBRARY_PATH='/opt/local/lib' CC_PRINT_OPTIONS='YES' MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET='10.7' :debug:build Assembled command: 'cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03" && /usr/bin/make -j2 -w all' :debug:build Executing command line: cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03" && /usr/bin/make -j2 -w all :info:build make: Entering directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03' :info:build /usr/bin/make all-recursive :info:build make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03' :info:build Making all in libltdl :info:build make[2]: Entering directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03/libltdl' :info:build /usr/bin/make all-am :info:build make[3]: Entering directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03/libltdl' :info:build make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'. :info:build make[3]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03/libltdl' :info:build make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03/libltdl' :info:build Making all in build_tools :info:build make[2]: Entering directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03/build_tools' :info:build sh ./autorevision.sh ".." ".." :info:build make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03/build_tools' :info:build Making all in src :info:build make[2]: Entering directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03/src' :info:build Making all in synfig :info:build make[3]: Entering directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03/src/synfig' :info:build /bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=compile /Developer/usr/bin/clang++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../.. -I../../src -I/opt/local/include -D_REENTRANT -I/opt/local/include/libxml++-2.6 -I/opt/local/lib/libxml++-2.6/include -I/opt/local/include/libxml2 -I/opt/local/include/glibmm-2.4 -I/opt/local/lib/glibmm-2.4/include -I/opt/local/include/sigc++-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/sigc++-2.0/include -I/opt/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include/sigc++-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/sigc++-2.0/include -DSYNFIG_NO_DEPRECATED -DLOCALEDIR=\"/opt/local/share/locale\" -DLIBDIR="\"/opt/local/lib\"" -DSYSCONFDIR="\"/opt/local/etc\"" -pipe -arch x86_64 -DNDEBUG -O2 -W -Wall -MT libsynfig_la-value.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libsynfig_la-value.Tpo -c -o libsynfig_la-value.lo `test -f 'value.cpp' || echo './'`value.cpp :info:build /bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=compile /Developer/usr/bin/clang++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../.. -I../../src -I/opt/local/include -D_REENTRANT -I/opt/local/include/libxml++-2.6 -I/opt/local/lib/libxml++-2.6/include -I/opt/local/include/libxml2 -I/opt/local/include/glibmm-2.4 -I/opt/local/lib/glibmm-2.4/include -I/opt/local/include/sigc++-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/sigc++-2.0/include -I/opt/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include/sigc++-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/sigc++-2.0/include -DSYNFIG_NO_DEPRECATED -DLOCALEDIR=\"/opt/local/share/locale\" -DLIBDIR="\"/opt/local/lib\"" -DSYSCONFDIR="\"/opt/local/etc\"" -pipe -arch x86_64 -DNDEBUG -O2 -W -Wall -MT libsynfig_la-layer_bitmap.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libsynfig_la-layer_bitmap.Tpo -c -o libsynfig_la-layer_bitmap.lo `test -f 'layer_bitmap.cpp' || echo './'`layer_bitmap.cpp :info:build libtool: compile: /Developer/usr/bin/clang++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../.. -I../../src -I/opt/local/include -D_REENTRANT -I/opt/local/include/libxml++-2.6 -I/opt/local/lib/libxml++-2.6/include -I/opt/local/include/libxml2 -I/opt/local/include/glibmm-2.4 -I/opt/local/lib/glibmm-2.4/include -I/opt/local/include/sigc++-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/sigc++-2.0/include -I/opt/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include/sigc++-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/sigc++-2.0/include -DSYNFIG_NO_DEPRECATED -DLOCALEDIR=\"/opt/local/share/locale\" -DLIBDIR=\"/opt/local/lib\" -DSYSCONFDIR=\"/opt/local/etc\" -pipe -arch x86_64 -DNDEBUG -O2 -W -Wall -MT libsynfig_la-value.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libsynfig_la-value.Tpo -c value.cpp -fno-common -DPIC -o .libs/libsynfig_la-value.o :info:build libtool: compile: /Developer/usr/bin/clang++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../.. -I../../src -I/opt/local/include -D_REENTRANT -I/opt/local/include/libxml++-2.6 -I/opt/local/lib/libxml++-2.6/include -I/opt/local/include/libxml2 -I/opt/local/include/glibmm-2.4 -I/opt/local/lib/glibmm-2.4/include -I/opt/local/include/sigc++-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/sigc++-2.0/include -I/opt/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include/sigc++-2.0 -I/opt/local/lib/sigc++-2.0/include -DSYNFIG_NO_DEPRECATED -DLOCALEDIR=\"/opt/local/share/locale\" -DLIBDIR=\"/opt/local/lib\" -DSYSCONFDIR=\"/opt/local/etc\" -pipe -arch x86_64 -DNDEBUG -O2 -W -Wall -MT libsynfig_la-layer_bitmap.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libsynfig_la-layer_bitmap.Tpo -c layer_bitmap.cpp -fno-common -DPIC -o .libs/libsynfig_la-layer_bitmap.o :info:build In file included from value.cpp:34: :info:build In file included from ./value.h:33: :info:build In file included from ./segment.h:30: :info:build In file included from ./vector.h:204: :info:build In file included from /opt/local/include/ETL/bezier:32: :info:build /opt/local/include/ETL/_bezier.h:138:63: warning: unused parameter 'x' [-Wunused-parameter] :info:build bool intersect_hull(const bezier_base<value_type,time_type> &x)const :info:build ^ :info:build /opt/local/include/ETL/_bezier.h:164:63: warning: unused parameter 'x' [-Wunused-parameter] :info:build time_type intersect(const bezier_base<value_type,time_type> &x, time_type near=0.0)const :info:build ^ :info:build /opt/local/include/ETL/_bezier.h:164:76: warning: unused parameter 'near' [-Wunused-parameter] :info:build time_type intersect(const bezier_base<value_type,time_type> &x, time_type near=0.0)const :info:build ^ :info:build In file included from value.cpp:34: :info:build ./value.h:63:1: warning: class 'Segment' was previously declared as a struct [-Wmismatched-tags] :info:build class Segment; :info:build ^ :info:build ./segment.h:43:8: note: previous use is here :info:build struct Segment :info:build ^ :info:build ./value.h:63:1: note: did you mean struct here? :info:build class Segment; :info:build ^~~~~ :info:build struct :info:build In file included from layer_bitmap.cpp:32: :info:build In file included from ./layer_bitmap.h:30: :info:build In file included from ./layer_composite.h:32: :info:build ./color.h:782:4: warning: expression result unused [-Wunused-value] :info:build *out++/*=(unsigned char)(color.GetZ()*255.0f)*/; :info:build ^~~~~~ :info:build ./color.h:791:4: warning: expression result unused [-Wunused-value] :info:build *out++/*=(unsigned char)(color.GetZ()*255.0f)*/; :info:build ^~~~~~ :info:build In file included from layer_bitmap.cpp:32: :info:build In file included from ./layer_bitmap.h:31: :info:build In file included from ./surface.h:31: :info:build In file included from ./renddesc.h:32: :info:build In file included from ./vector.h:204: :info:build In file included from /opt/local/include/ETL/bezier:32: :info:build /opt/local/include/ETL/_bezier.h:138:63: warning: unused parameter 'x' [-Wunused-parameter] :info:build bool intersect_hull(const bezier_base<value_type,time_type> &x)const :info:build ^ :info:build /opt/local/include/ETL/_bezier.h:164:63: warning: unused parameter 'x' [-Wunused-parameter] :info:build time_type intersect(const bezier_base<value_type,time_type> &x, time_type near=0.0)const :info:build ^ :info:build /opt/local/include/ETL/_bezier.h:164:76: warning: unused parameter 'near' [-Wunused-parameter] :info:build time_type intersect(const bezier_base<value_type,time_type> &x, time_type near=0.0)const :info:build ^ :info:build In file included from value.cpp:37: :info:build In file included from ./canvas.h:40: :info:build In file included from ./valuenode.h:43: :info:build In file included from ./paramdesc.h:32: :info:build ./color.h:782:4: warning: expression result unused [-Wunused-value] :info:build *out++/*=(unsigned char)(color.GetZ()*255.0f)*/; :info:build ^~~~~~ :info:build ./color.h:791:4: warning: expression result unused [-Wunused-value] :info:build *out++/*=(unsigned char)(color.GetZ()*255.0f)*/; :info:build ^~~~~~ :info:build In file included from value.cpp:37: :info:build In file included from ./canvas.h:40: :info:build ./valuenode.h:398:9: warning: 'synfig::LinkableValueNode::get_description' hides overloaded virtual function [-Woverloaded-virtual] :info:build String get_description(int index = -1, bool show_exported_name = true)const; :info:build ^ :info:build ./valuenode.h:212:17: note: hidden overloaded virtual function 'synfig::ValueNode::get_description' declared here :info:build virtual String get_description(bool show_exported_name = true)const; :info:build ^ :info:build In file included from value.cpp:37: :info:build ./canvas.h:125:50: error: incomplete type 'synfig::Canvas' named in nested name specifier :info:build void optimize_layers(Time time, Context context, Canvas::Handle op_canvas, bool seen_motion_blur=false); :info:build ^~~~~~~~ :info:build ./value.h:60:7: note: forward declaration of 'synfig::Canvas' :info:build class Canvas; :info:build ^ :info:build In file included from value.cpp:37: :info:build ./canvas.h:148:22: error: out-of-line definition of 'optimize_layers' does not match any declaration in namespace 'synfig' :info:build friend void synfig::optimize_layers(Time, Context, Canvas::Handle, bool seen_motion_blur); :info:build ~~~~~~~~^ :info:build 7 warnings and 2 errors generated. :info:build make[3]: *** [libsynfig_la-value.lo] Error 1 :info:build make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... :info:build In file included from layer_bitmap.cpp:32: :info:build ./layer_bitmap.h:61:15: warning: 'synfig::Layer_Bitmap::set_param' hides overloaded virtual function [-Woverloaded-virtual] :info:build virtual bool set_param(const String & param, ValueBase value); :info:build ^ :info:build ./layer_composite.h:84:15: note: hidden overloaded virtual function 'synfig::Layer_Composite::set_param' declared here :info:build virtual bool set_param(const String &param, const ValueBase &value); :info:build ^ :info:build In file included from layer_bitmap.cpp:43: :info:build In file included from ./target.h:39: :info:build In file included from ./canvas.h:40: :info:build In file included from ./valuenode.h:33: :info:build ./value.h:63:1: warning: class 'Segment' was previously declared as a struct [-Wmismatched-tags] :info:build class Segment; :info:build ^ :info:build ./segment.h:43:8: note: previous use is here :info:build struct Segment :info:build ^ :info:build ./value.h:63:1: note: did you mean struct here? :info:build class Segment; :info:build ^~~~~ :info:build struct :info:build In file included from layer_bitmap.cpp:43: :info:build In file included from ./target.h:39: :info:build In file included from ./canvas.h:40: :info:build ./valuenode.h:398:9: warning: 'synfig::LinkableValueNode::get_description' hides overloaded virtual function [-Woverloaded-virtual] :info:build String get_description(int index = -1, bool show_exported_name = true)const; :info:build ^ :info:build ./valuenode.h:212:17: note: hidden overloaded virtual function 'synfig::ValueNode::get_description' declared here :info:build virtual String get_description(bool show_exported_name = true)const; :info:build ^ :info:build In file included from layer_bitmap.cpp:43: :info:build In file included from ./target.h:39: :info:build ./canvas.h:125:50: error: incomplete type 'synfig::Canvas' named in nested name specifier :info:build void optimize_layers(Time time, Context context, Canvas::Handle op_canvas, bool seen_motion_blur=false); :info:build ^~~~~~~~ :info:build ./layer.h:153:7: note: forward declaration of 'synfig::Canvas' :info:build class Canvas; :info:build ^ :info:build In file included from layer_bitmap.cpp:43: :info:build In file included from ./target.h:39: :info:build ./canvas.h:148:22: error: out-of-line definition of 'optimize_layers' does not match any declaration in namespace 'synfig' :info:build friend void synfig::optimize_layers(Time, Context, Canvas::Handle, bool seen_motion_blur); :info:build ~~~~~~~~^ :info:build In file included from layer_bitmap.cpp:43: :info:build ./target.h:80:1: warning: class 'TargetParam' was previously declared as a struct [-Wmismatched-tags] :info:build class TargetParam; :info:build ^ :info:build ./targetparam.h:34:8: note: previous use is here :info:build struct TargetParam :info:build ^ :info:build ./target.h:80:1: note: did you mean struct here? :info:build class TargetParam; :info:build ^~~~~ :info:build struct :info:build 9 warnings and 2 errors generated. :info:build make[3]: *** [libsynfig_la-layer_bitmap.lo] Error 1 :info:build make[3]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03/src/synfig' :info:build make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 :info:build make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03/src' :info:build make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 :info:build make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03' :info:build make: *** [all] Error 2 :info:build make: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03' :info:build shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/work/synfig-0.63.03" && /usr/bin/make -j2 -w all " returned error 2 :error:build Target org.macports.build returned: shell command failed (see log for details) :debug:build Backtrace: shell command failed (see log for details) while executing "command_exec build" (procedure "portbuild::build_main" line 8) invoked from within "$procedure $targetname" :info:build Warning: the following items did not execute (for synfig): org.macports.activate org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install :error:build Failed to install synfig :debug:build couldn't open "/System/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.5/Resources/tclIndex": no such file or directory while executing "open [file join $dir tclIndex]" :notice:build Log for synfig is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_synfig/synfig/main.log

The problem is, I think, that macports enables some strict compiler flags for the clang compiler, which is already picky by itself :slight_smile:. The following patches are the minimum changes required to compile synfig 0.63.04, the latest available from macports. I would suggest to the synfig developers to actually give a try with clang, it spots a lot of potential problems.

Changes to synfig:

--- synfig-0.63.04/src/synfig/canvas.h.orig	2012-03-11 17:00:19.000000000 +0100
+++ synfig-0.63.04/src/synfig/canvas.h	2012-03-11 17:09:52.000000000 +0100
@@ -141,7 +141,7 @@

typedef std::list<Handle> Children;

-	friend void synfig::optimize_layers(Time, Context, Canvas::Handle, bool seen_motion_blur);
+    friend void optimize_layers(Time, Context, Canvas::Handle, bool seen_motion_blur);

/*
  --	** -- D A T A -------------------------------------------------------------
@@ -620,7 +620,7 @@
 void optimize_layers(Time time, Context context, Canvas::Handle op_canvas, bool seen_motion_blur=false);

-}; // END of namespace synfig
+} // END of namespace synfig

/* === E N D =============================================================== */

--- synfig-0.63.04/src/synfig/loadcanvas.cpp.orig	2012-03-11 17:13:24.000000000 +0100
+++ synfig-0.63.04/src/synfig/loadcanvas.cpp	2012-03-11 17:14:30.000000000 +0100
@@ -1507,7 +1507,7 @@
 	}

handle<LinkableValueNode> value_node=LinkableValueNode::create(element->get_name(),type);
- 	handle<ValueNode> c[value_node->link_count()];
+    std::vector<handle<ValueNode> > c(value_node->link_count());

if(!value_node)
 	{

Changes to ETL:

--- ETL/_clock_base.h.orig	2012-03-11 17:59:32.000000000 +0100
+++ ETL/_clock_base.h	2012-03-11 18:00:05.000000000 +0100
@@ -84,7 +84,7 @@
 		// Put the current time into base_time
 		get_current_time(base_time);

-		return timestamp_to_seconds(base_time-old_time);
+        return clock_desc_gettimeofday::timestamp_to_seconds(base_time-old_time);
 	}

static void

Necessary patches are applied in branch eldruin_clang_fixes.
It compiles and executes succesfully using the clang compiler.

Please try again compiling that branch.

OK, so finally I could create a build environment on OSX Lion.
Following the recipe that Ulrik proposed on the first post and the needed exported variables for the libpng libraries. I was able to build Synfig using the macports of the libraries and the X11 toolkit.

This is a resume of the needed steps:

1. Install Xcode and the command line tools
  2. Install macports. Using macports install these:
  3. Install cairo, cairomm, pango, pangomm, gtk2 and gtkmm (all this libraries for x11) and libxmlxx2
  4. Install libpng, imagemagick and ffmpeg (it takes a while)
  5. install git-core and git-extras. Install ccache
  6. Obtain the Synfig source code using git.
  7. Run this script:

[code]#!/bin/sh
CPUS=4
cd synfig
prefix=$(pwd)/install
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$prefix/lib/pkgconfig"
export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I $prefix/share/aclocal"
export PATH=$(pwd)/synfig-core/src/tool/.libs:$PATH
export CXX="/opt/local/bin/ccache /usr/bin/g++"
export CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/local/include"
export LDFLAGS="-L/opt/local/lib"

cd ETL &&
autoreconf --install --force &&
make --debug=b install &&

cd …/synfig-core &&
glibtoolize --copy --force &&
./configure --prefix $prefix --enable-optimization=0 --enable-debug &&
make --debug=b -j $CPUS install &&

cd …/synfig-studio &&
./configure --prefix $prefix --enable-optimization=0 --enable-debug &&
make --debug=b -j $CPUS install[/code]

If you want to install in other place change the prefix to be /opt/local or something similar. Also you might not want to use the debug version so you can remove the debug options for all the configure and make commands. FInally change optimization to be 1 or 2 depending on whether you want to take more risks when gaining speed.

There is one initial issue related to X11. You have to click two times when focus is changed from one window to other. This can be easily changed at the X11 preferences.

X11->Preferences->Windows tab->Check the option: Make click to pass from one active window to other. This would also transfer the click to the new focused window.

I needed to run:

$ sudo xcodebuilder -license

and accept the license agreement. Weird because I accepted when I installed it first time. It was one error during configure time and the log file showed that solution.

I’m happy now!

BTW, pirates.sifz makes it crash :slight_smile:
-G

now we need intltool as well;

sudo port install intltool

when building synfig-studio, I get the following error, and google doesn’t help :blush:

in this thread, there is a workaround posted, I didn’t try it out yet.
forums.desmume.org/viewtopic.php?id=1198

more discussion
bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=240958

Hi jcome!
checkout this thread:

Good luck!
-G

(remember that Cairo is not stable yet and that there are some layers not available and that might crash it)

works!

Happy, I can now switch to OSX as development platform, it saves my building time, to build the whole tree it takes only 3 minutes.

Congratulations!
-G