Download redirect

Hi,

When I try to download GTK, I get redirected to a Sourceforge page containing a personal data form. It claims the download will start presently, but it doesn’t. That doesn’t happen with the other apps. What’s up? Look suspiciously like a scam.

How can I get the GTK directly?

Thanks,
AdDub

What’s the specific URL or link are you using?

G.

Hi,

I start at sourceforge.net/projects/gladewi … e/download where I encounter the apparent redirect.

Thanks,
ArDub

I tried it just yet and didn’t get any form. Just the normal SF download page with an autostarting download of GTK+, as you would expect.

I would seriously look at your own machine, and check to see if it is not compromised.

G.

Hi,

Thanks again. That’s peculiar; the other links work fine, by the way. I’ll do a thorough scan of the cpu, but our protection’s quite good. Thanks for taking the time. I’m thoroughly perplexed, now.

Cheers,
ArDub

Sourceforge sometimes puts up adverts that look like they are for (or are close to) the application you initially requested. If you mistakenly click on the advert, you could be taken somewhere else entirely. Make sure you click on the ‘skip this add’ or wait for it to time out, or look for the ‘direct link’. Annoying, but I guess it pays their bills.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks; I can live with that. I followed up, and that looks like it, all right.

One more: since you’ve written on it before, is there another way around the dual-core prob, since the THG fix has gone?

Thanks again,
ArDub

Yes, look here:

-G