Checking out Synfig

Hi guys,

Genete sometimes pops into the Anime Studio forums to inform us about Synfig’s progress which is how I learned about this program. I have to confess that I’ve never tried Synfig, but I’ve been interested in it for a while and I promised myself that I would give it a whirl when it officially releases (which should be soon, right?).

Anyway, I am a huge fan of Blender and as of recently I’ve become a fan of Krita as well. I think open-source software is definitely the wave of the future, so I’m definitely rooting for the success of this product.

If any of you know me from the Anime Studio forum, you’ll know that I like to code as well. Python was actually the first scripting language I learned followed shortly by C++ (which I’m rusty at). I don’t know if I can be of much help to the development of this program, but I’ll inevitably start picking at the code. :laughing:

Hello and welcome here…

yep … five hours ago :wink:

from the python side, synfig have minimal plugins support … in python to automate complex/boring/repeating tasks …

Wekcome dkwroot,
Lately my presence on Anime Studio forums is near to zero as well as on this forum. Too much familiar tasks…
As you can see we just have a recent 1.0 version for Synfig Studio.
Time to return to Anime Studio to inform there about this great news.
-G

Hi!
Welcome to the forum and the brave new world of Synfig 1.0!

Great! We needzz moar plug-inzzz! :mrgreen: And little pesky problems to be solved like this one

Greetz!